By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W38, 2019 (Sep 16 - Sep 22) -- Lite Edition

tbone51 said:
Great numbers! Its ahead massively. What are the mext couple of weeks numbers from 2018?

Week 39
Week 40
Etc...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945

That thread compares Japanese Switch sales between 2018 & 2019. Next 6 weeks were upper 30k to mid 40k so 2019 should soundly beat all those out.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network
kenjab said:
tbone51 said:
Great numbers! Its ahead massively. What are the mext couple of weeks numbers from 2018?

Week 39
Week 40
Etc...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945

That thread compares Japanese Switch sales between 2018 & 2019. Next 6 weeks were upper 30k to mid 40k so 2019 should soundly beat all those out.

Has a shot at finishing the year with 1m+ lead YoY. Might be a bit ambitious but it's possible, as this week puts it 600k ahead.

Holy smokes. I was happy with the previous numbers but that makes more sense. Switch coming for a 2 million week ww for Christmas

tbone51 said:

Week 39
Week 40
Etc...

Probably sales will be up by alot over the next weeks until the launch of Pokemon SwoSh, then a little bit until the launch of Smash. From there, it's a bit of a wild card, is the Lite enough to keep the weekly sales ahead of last year or not in December will be the last big question for this year in Japan.

And welcome back Tbone, really missed you here

Bofferbrauer2 said:
tbone51 said:

Week 39
Week 40
Etc...

Probably sales will be up by alot over the next weeks until the launch of Pokemon SwoSh, then a little bit until the launch of Smash. From there, it's a bit of a wild card, is the Lite enough to keep the weekly sales ahead of last year or not in December will be the last big question for this year in Japan.

Yeah, Smash is the issue, otherwise it would very likely be up YoY every week for the rest of the year, not sure what will happen.

Around the Network

RedKingXIII said:

lol what. No. Do you really think an american YouTuber with what, 400k subscribers is affecting sales of NS Lite in Japan? That's absurd. Even if you live in western countries who speak english, I doubt that the average consumer who is going to buy a Switch even know who Spawn Wave is.

And besides... Do you have any proof that what he's saying is bullshit? Are the sticks really different?

While Spawnwave doesn't have much influence over buyers, he sure riles up people in the gaming community with alarmist theories. Pretty sure he's the one that started the whole Lite drifting panic soon after it was announced. He also tried to start rumors that Nintendo was going to have a two-tiered service when it came to NES and SNES games. When it was announced that it was all inclusive, he suddenly had amnesia like he never said it.

I had left a YT comment telling him it would have been nice for him to comment on that at the time. But yeah, he posted the video about how Nintendo values their IPs too much to release SNES games on their Switch Online service without raising the price. And that must have been only a few days before the Direct where they announced the SNES games.

He was completely wrong about that, and in his video the following day he reported on the SNES games without mentioning that he was wrong, which was kind of annoying to me. (And I do want to say that I disagreed completely with his video in the first place, as getting to play the SNES games as part of an online service is much different than owning the games outright. He was comparing the cost of owning the games with the cost of purchasing a one-year subscription to Switch Online.)

Personally, I like his channel, but that particular incident cost him a lot of credibility in my opinion, and makes me wonder what other instances happened in the past that I'm unaware of.

Edit: Does SpawnWave visit this site? I understand that news is reported pretty much the same on every site, but what better place to go for sales information, of which he uses often in his videos. Also, I think he's mentioned VGCharts before.

Great bump.
But it would be more interesting to see where switch will be settled its new base line after lite launch.

Impressive hardware numbers for Switch. It's going to finish at least 1m ahead of last year with results like this. We still have Dragon Quest and Pokemon to be released. It's hard to have a much stronger line-up than that in Japan.

RaptorChrist said:

While Spawnwave doesn't have much influence over buyers, he sure riles up people in the gaming community with alarmist theories. Pretty sure he's the one that started the whole Lite drifting panic soon after it was announced. He also tried to start rumors that Nintendo was going to have a two-tiered service when it came to NES and SNES games. When it was announced that it was all inclusive, he suddenly had amnesia like he never said it.

I had left a YT comment telling him it would have been nice for him to comment on that at the time. But yeah, he posted the video about how Nintendo values their IPs too much to release SNES games on their Switch Online service without raising the price. And that must have been only a few days before the Direct where they announced the SNES games.

He was completely wrong about that, and in his video the following day he reported on the SNES games without mentioning that he was wrong, which was kind of annoying to me. (And I do want to say that I disagreed completely with his video in the first place, as getting to play the SNES games as part of an online service is much different than owning the games outright. He was comparing the cost of owning the games with the cost of purchasing a one-year subscription to Switch Online.)

Personally, I like his channel, but that particular incident cost him a lot of credibility in my opinion, and makes me wonder what other instances happened in the past that I'm unaware of.

Edit: Does SpawnWave visit this site? I understand that news is reported pretty much the same on every site, but what better place to go for sales information, of which he uses often in his videos. Also, I think he's mentioned VGCharts before.

He basically gets all his "news" from here and resetera. 

He's also now backtracking on the video he made on the drifting Lite. Saying it's more than likely just a defective unit (which is normal in any mass produced consumer product). All the while using Nintendo's name for clicks and putting multiple ads on the video. I liked his videos in the beginning, and really like the podcast, but he's turned into yet another YouTube click-bot. 

RedKingXIII said:
Amnesia said:

I am just saying that it is nearly impossible to know from just opening a Switch Lite and watching closely the parts.

No Spawn wave has not scared the buyers, but maybe a good bunch of investors.

Ah sorry...With a picture it will be easier to explain :

Is he really that big to scare some investors? I mean, he has 344k subscribers on his channel. I imagine his public is mostly hardcore gamers, but I might be wrong, I'm not a investor after all.

1 Days ago I was able to make change the real value of the stock just from the modest action of buying 2 units of Frankfurt for 359€. I was the last buyer of the day so after my purchase, the values moved to my last order from 358 to 359. So if I can move it in just buying for 718€, it is totaly possible that youtubers influence many small investors like me...But anyway it seems that the main reason for the -5% hit was because of media creates's confusion with numbers at 114.000.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary