By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo Switch Experience (Learn More on September 12)

Pyro as Bill said:

Nintendo is right in releasing the more niche software/hardware before releasing the big dogs. Putting ARMS, Mario Tennis, Baseball out before Switch Sports is what Nintendo should have done with Wii.

Why?

Around the Network

People give the Wii a hard time but it had a crazy great selection of exclusives. New Super Mario, Galaxy 1/2, Twilight, Skyward, Prime Trilogy, Last Story, Xenoblade, Pandora, etc. I loved my Wii. Plus the VC channel was superb.

Barkley said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Nintendo is right in releasing the more niche software/hardware before releasing the big dogs. Putting ARMS, Mario Tennis, Baseball out before Switch Sports is what Nintendo should have done with Wii.

Why?

Because releasing Wii Boxi.... er ARMS @$60 when the console is at full price is better than releasing it after Switch Sports when most will have already got their boxing fill and the console is at a lower price. Switch Sports is going to sell 10M+ regardless and anyone who bought ARMS/Tennis/Baseball will be buying it.

Better to eke out as much $$$ at the high end before going more mainstream.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Chrkeller said:
People give the Wii a hard time but it had a crazy great selection of exclusives. New Super Mario, Galaxy 1/2, Twilight, Skyward, Prime Trilogy, Last Story, Xenoblade, Pandora, etc. I loved my Wii. Plus the VC channel was superb.

And MS and Sony got nowhere near as much heat for Kinect(1.0) and the Move controllers.

That's marketing for you. Switch is taking the Kinect/Move route this time.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I thought the Wii Remotes were underrated. For Metroid, Galaxy and Pikmin I felt the Wii Remote legitimately made the games easier/better to play.

Around the Network

The jarring thing to me in this video is that it appears to be turning the Wii Fit concept into a party/competitive game. The Wii Fit was almost entirely a solo experience, and I feel that most people view fitness as a personal thing. Even if you're taking a fitness class with multiple people or going to the gym with friends, you're not there to compete against them. Making fitness into a party game or competition seems off-putting to me.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Annual is a bad idea, in my opinion. Over saturation is too damaging. And it is important to continue high quality releases.

Right in the time when I thought that Nintendo has given up on motion controls with Switch Lite and Mario & Sonic Olympics, they surprise me with a new Wii Fit similar game...

There's no space in my room for such kind of games. Additionally, I wouldn't play it either. But my uncle still loves his Wii and doesn't like traditional video games playing with a game pad, so I guess there still could be a target audience. 1-2 Switch had solid sales, too.

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo should stop making new IPs. Instead they should try to make 3D Mario an annual franchise and 3D Zelda something that gets a new game every two years.

I hope you're being sarcastic here. Otherwise, this would be a disaster.

Could be fun. I withhold any judgement of it before I know more