By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo Switch Experience (Learn More on September 12)

super_etecoon said:
tsogud said:

That's possible but yeah this looks too weird for me. I don't even know it is and I'm already turned off but we'll see on the 12th.

It's a Pilates Ring meant for exercising with gaming functions via the switch joycons (red one in the hoop, blue one attached to your leg for leg movements.)

Not meant for you and me...but we'll have to see the software to see how it really plays out.

I thought the two handles were places for additional joycons.  Lol.

Around the Network

Looks cool. I didn't think Nintendo was ever going to come back in this direction again, but I'm glad they are. Bring back both exercise gaming and motion controls gaming as far as I'm concerned. Both would be great for gaming as a whole.

Looks like a switch balance board/Wii fit type of gimmick. Hmm. I like that they try new and weird shit, even if I'm not interested in it. Curious as to what this is.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Looks cool. I didn't think Nintendo was ever going to come back in this direction again, but I'm glad they are. Bring back both exercise gaming and motion controls gaming as far as I'm concerned. Both would be great for gaming as a whole.

hm? Wii Fit and + on the Wii made tons and tons of profit (might have been the most profitable franchise they had that gen) and afaik even the WiiU version wasn't a total bomb, so I'm puzzled why Nintendo would neglect the fitness crowd in the future. They are probably well advised to not make it a poster child in the release year of their system though.

that looks fantastic, hopefully the pack comes with two of those inner thigh straps for the Joycons, gonna strap myself in and just use the "Search for joycon" vibrate function until I have as much fun as the people in this video are having. Not sure I'll get to the flopping about like a fish on the ground levels of pleasure, but I dunno... HD rumble strapped directly to the boys, Gonna be fun, especially great with a portable system too, I can have this playing as I try and walk around town.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

So... I'm the only one who legitimately enjoyed Wii Fit/Wii Fit +? Because I had a ton of fun with it xD

If this is something similar, I'm totally in ^^

Well the last "new experience" was Labo, and now here we are. At least this has a purpose and looks slightly less terrible. Was going to say it's the worst, and stupidest looking controller accessory I've ever seen, but apparently it's a "pilates ring" which I'd never heard of, so I guess it serves a purpose.

The question is, will this come with scales/balance board that connect to the console? If you can't keep track of your progress in the game I don't see this having anywhere near the level of success Wii Fit did.

I'd rather they just used joycons without this ring, there's no way I'm going to be keeping that plastic thing around the house.

MasonADC said:
This is hilarious to look at. Emily Rogers actually said that this game has really nice graphics for what it is so I’m curious to see what it looks like. However, I’m still sad that Wii fit got a switch alternative before Wii sports

It does seem strange that Nintendo is trying to chase casuals with a Wii Fit style experience, instead of the real experience that hooked casuals. When people went to Wii homes, Fit wasn't the first thing they played, it was Sports.

Soundwave said:
People are tired of having so much plastic shit (or cardboard) lying around their living room, this whole accessorie craze died around 10 years ago. Nintendo will keep trying, but I don't see these types of things being anywhere near the success of the pre-smartphone casual era, just like Labo was a dud.

Because the cazualz are all playing 'Wii Fit' on their smartphone right? Good gaming 'crazes' don't die out, they just take a break. Like you said, it's been 10 years so there are plenty of young kids that weren't even born when Wii Sports released.

''Wii Fit/Sports is just like Labo"............... no, just no.

Whatever this is, it looks like it could be used with a balance board. Nintendo is right in releasing the more niche software/hardware before releasing the big dogs. Putting ARMS, Mario Tennis, Baseball out before Switch Sports is what Nintendo should have done with Wii. Whatever this is should release before the Switch Balance Board and both should come before Switch Sports. Get as much $$$ as possible from the niche stuff while the console is at full price before releasing the big dogs. That way, the cazualz have a ready made library to move upstream from.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

thismeintiel said:
MasonADC said:
This is hilarious to look at. Emily Rogers actually said that this game has really nice graphics for what it is so I’m curious to see what it looks like. However, I’m still sad that Wii fit got a switch alternative before Wii sports

It does seem strange that Nintendo is trying to chase casuals with a Wii Fit style experience, instead of the real experience that hooked casuals. When people went to Wii homes, Fit wasn't the first thing they played, it was Sports.

Nintendo blew their load way too early with Wii. Too cheap and huge titles all being released too close to each other and in the wrong order.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!