By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodbourne= poor mans Ninja Gaiden and Nioh, prove me wrong.

estebxx said:
Azuren said:
Literally the best boss in video games is in Bloodborne (Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower), so your argument is invalid.

I love that bossfight so fucking much... best one in the series in my opinion.

Double Wielding into blood magic into fire and speed dashing through attacks... all combined with the majestic stage and the elegance of Maria (from the way she looks to the way she moves and fights...), and that effing soundtrack.

It's top tier game design.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I played through the entire Soulsborne series in order from start to finish twice in the past three years. The first time sweeping through all the games took a few months but it was very satisfying, and I still wasn't burnt out on Soulslikes and continued to play more for another month or so afterwards.

The second time through I flopped midway through the series, making it to DS2 before getting distracted by another game. Nothing against DS2; in fact, it's probably the Souls game I've beaten the most times.

DeS: Only officially beaten the game twice (that first marathon was the first time I had actually beaten it, but my PSN account has trophies dating back to the year of it's release; just never finished it back then.
DS1: I want to say maybe 3, but possibly 4.
DS2: When this came out I beat the game and continued to finish through a NG+ playthrough, and I've come back to it a couple times. So probably 4 full playthroughs.
Bloodborne: Twice. Once when it came out, and once during that first Soulslike marathon I did a few years back. However, the later playthrough contained the DLC which I played for the first time.
DS3: Just once. I've come back to it a couple times but there have always been other games in the way. This was not yet released at the time I played through the full series, but I think came out shortly after. Still haven't played the DLC, which is the only piece of Soulslike content I haven't played yet.

Sekiro: If you want to include this, I've beaten it once, and during that playthrough, fought every boss I could (I believe there was a couple bosses that require two playthroughs to get, so someday I'll have to do that)

I remember reading about DeS possibly in a magazine or something and loved the idea of a game being brutally difficult and unforgiving but still fair, and after playing the game, I found it far too difficult at first, but once the shield mechanics and dodge frames were understood, things become fairly straight-forward. Learning the dodge mechanics in a Souls game is probably what holds many first-time players back, as it is odd to think that you can roll straight into a mob and not get hit by their attack.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Threads like this are why video games lead to violence.

Absolutely, when I read this thread's title I wanted to somehow find a gun and start shooting everyone, even though you don't easily find guns in my country (Why don't I live in America, WHYYYYYYY?)

Before playing video games I would have been reasonable and thought, well this is a somewhat controversial opinion but it's ok, no big deal. What a nasty influence video games have had on me

CrazyGamer2017 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Threads like this are why video games lead to violence.

Absolutely, when I read this thread's title I wanted to somehow find a gun and start shooting everyone, even though you don't easily find guns in my country (Why don't I live in America, WHYYYYYYY?)

Before playing video games I would have been reasonable and thought, well this is a somewhat controversial opinion but it's ok, no big deal. What a nasty influence video games have had on me

B.B.B.B.But.... they are just games, harmless fun, like lego and shit right?

Ronster316 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

There's nothing harmless about Lego.  You ever step on one barefoot?

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Bloodborne is superb. Amazing atmosphere and superb boss fights.

The game would be much better if they did proper storytelling. Look how many views BB Lore got on YT.

Imo it was a mistake. Basically best scene in the game is hidden in secret area. 

CladInShadows said:
Ronster316 said:

There's nothing harmless about Lego.  You ever step on one barefoot?

Those little blighters can certainly cause some serious foot damage yes.

On a side note, i have just started Dark Souls 3, early doors yet, but the speed and attacks of your character are much more my cup of tea, fast and fluid, promising start.

Ok....Bloodborne came out BEFORE Nioh and it plays nothing like Ninja Gaiden...

What do I win?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I dont care WTF your opinion is to prove you wrong. Threads like these Scream :"give me attention"

Well THIS was a highly constructive post wasn't it. And hey, should i give a flying FOOK about your opinion when you fly off the handle like this? 

Bloodborne is awesome.