By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodbourne= poor mans Ninja Gaiden and Nioh, prove me wrong.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Threads like this are why video games lead to violence.

Didn't you drown in that storm?

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:
Ronster316 said:

B.B.B.B.But.... they are just games, harmless fun, like lego and shit right?

There's nothing harmless about Lego.  You ever step on one barefoot?

Harder to dodge than any skill in BB.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bloodborne is nothing like those games. I dont like any "souls" type games but from what i played of BB, the production values were stella, great graphics, great sound,Voice acting etc. I could see why anyone whos a fan of souls games would like it. A poor mans ninja gaiden? No.

Mystro-Sama said:
Ronster316 said:

Well, i'm apparently nearing the last boss in Bloodbourne, and to be frank, its been a major let down, slow controls/gameplay, crappy online functions, bosses that are more tedious than technical, i could go on all day.....  the setting and graphics are top notch no doubt, but lets be real here, the gameplay is tiresome and dull, its one thing having a hard boss that you can beat with skill, and its another thing beating one with a lot of long term tedious will..... Nioh and Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 destroy this shallow wannabe hack 'n' shash game. END OF...!!!!!

What boss clapped you so hard you had to make this? lol

Well, i was low level when i fought Vicar Amelia, so i would pound on her for 10 minutes, and felt like her health bar vs the damage i was capable was doing was not in my favour, and of course, if i got hit, 1 maybe 2 shots would kill me.

Another that was frustrating was One reborn, its only after the matter that i discovered there was a staircase leading upstairs to get rid of the pains in the asses firing projectiles at me from the bridge above.

Chasing Macintosh around was wearing thin with me too, and when i did get his health bar down half way, and the second phase of the fight started in the isolated area due to the gate closing, he 1 shotted me a couple of times too with that barrage of electric bolts he fires at you, once i got his pattern down though, he was a cakewalk.

However, as the games default end boss (i know now theres 3 endings and at least 4 more bosses i missed out on in other areas) Mergo's wet nurse was ridiculously easy.

I'm sure one if not both of the other bosses i have to fight to get all 3 endings will be far much more of a challenge.

I don't see it as a "hack-n-slash". Different strokes I guess. I love Bloodborne. Nioh's great too. Was never able to get into Ninja Gaiden.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
I don't see it as a "hack-n-slash". Different strokes I guess. I love Bloodborne. Nioh's great too. Was never able to get into Ninja Gaiden.

So overall you prefer Bloodborne to Nioh huh, have you played Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2? or just one of the other? NG3 perhaps?

Ronster316 said:
Dgc1808 said:

So overall you prefer Bloodborne to Nioh huh, have you played Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2? or just one of the other? NG3 perhaps?

Only Ninja Gaiden 1 on Xbox, and later gave it another shot in Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Vita.

4 ≈ One