By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 27 July 2019

Replicant said:
OTBWY said:

It's the same nonsense over and over again (PS4 6 YEARSSS!!!) and truth be told it comes out of inability to cope with the fact that Nintendo has a very successful console that is selling amazing and is threatening Sony's dominance for the coming period.

The Switch got another Global Weekly in the pocket. Accept, and move on people.

Both Switch and PS4 are selling great.

Why are you guys upset that people are happy with PS4's numbers? If you really hate PlayStation that much can't you just celebrate the Switch numbers. What you're doing seems odd.

What I think is rather odd is that people in here pretend the Switch doesn't exist when it has obviously come out on top. Don't find it odd telling the truth about it though. I don't think it's offensive either.

And yes, they are both selling great.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 09 August 2019

Around the Network
Shiken said:
Amnesia said:

FIRE EMBLEM = NO boost.

Riiiiiiight, because basing HW sales off of ONE DAY, right before a confirmed revision of the base model with higher battery life lands on shelves is super telling!  🙄

I am much more interested to see sales with Fire Emblem being out for a full week, and when the newer model is out.

Random_Matt said:

Because the game is super niche.

Yet it is flying off shelves everywhere.  Nice try bud!

? There is no argument here, name one which has sold a few million. This is no attack by the way, there are niche titles on all platforms.

Random_Matt said:
Shiken said:

Riiiiiiight, because basing HW sales off of ONE DAY, right before a confirmed revision of the base model with higher battery life lands on shelves is super telling!  🙄

I am much more interested to see sales with Fire Emblem being out for a full week, and when the newer model is out.

Yet it is flying off shelves everywhere.  Nice try bud!

? There is no argument here, name one which has sold a few million. This is no attack by the way, there are niche titles on all platforms.

Fates reached just about 3 million, that’s not niche. Three houses could do even better 

Geralt99 said:
Hmm, I smell Salt in here.
Facts are facts.
PS4 is the best selling console of 2019 so far. Without a permanent price cut, without an E3 presence(unlike Nintendo who had a terrific E3 ), without great software this year, with next Playstation officially confirmed and being in its 6th year.
So yeah, people will talk about PS4 for being a close second this week.

Actually the PS4 is in it's fifth year.

Still nice sales. So far the Switch is doing similar numbers, so both are great.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Geralt99 said:
Hmm, I smell Salt in here.
Facts are facts.
PS4 is the best selling console of 2019 so far. Without a permanent price cut, without an E3 presence(unlike Nintendo who had a terrific E3 ), without great software this year, with next Playstation officially confirmed and being in its 6th year.
So yeah, people will talk about PS4 for being a close second this week.

Still nice sales. So far the Switch is doing similar numbers, so both are great.

Ps4 released November 2013. November 2018 was exactly 5 years. Its 2019 so ps4 is in its 6th year. 

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Mnementh said:

Ps4 released November 2013. November 2018 was exactly 5 years. Its 2019 so ps4 is in its 6th year. 

Hmm, you're right. I saw it from the perspective of birthdays and ages.

So PS4 is five years old and in it's 6th year.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

OTBWY said:
Replicant said:

Both Switch and PS4 are selling great.

Why are you guys upset that people are happy with PS4's numbers? If you really hate PlayStation that much can't you just celebrate the Switch numbers. What you're doing seems odd.

What I think is rather odd is that people in here pretend the Switch doesn't exist when it has obviously come out on top. Don't find it odd telling the truth about it though. I don't think it's offensive either.

And yes, they are both selling great.

And its talk or thinking like this that has made me cut back on how much I post in the forum. Blatant disregard of people going with what they want or like.

Like think about it, does it really matter? Now I didn't come into this thread saying anything about the PS4 doing so well and what not cause I don't personally believe there is anything to celebrate with the PS4 coming second. But that doesn't mean I can't see why people will be impressed by its current performance all things considering. 

What you guys need to accept, is that everyone has a bias. The only time that gets bad is when your bias makes you not respect or at least see the position of others. You guys have a Nintendo Bias, the guys happy about the PS4 performance may have a Playstation bias. Nothing wrong with any of that. This shit gets ugly when your Nintendo bias makes you unhappy that the PS guys are happy about something.

SpokenTruth said:

You can equally apply that to any group here.  Further, it gets uglier when one group resorts to an unrelated topic in an attempt to diminish information within the primary topic.

Primary Topic: Hardware sales for this week.
Group 1: Console A wins this week.
Group 2: Yeah, but Console B is best selling for the year (different topic meant to diminish statistical fact of primary topic) and lifetime (different topic meant to diminish statistical fact of primary topic).

If you want to talk and celebrate Console B's yearly or lifetime performance, go make a thread about it instead of making subtle instigations.

You don't think how old a console is has any effect on it's week by week sales? I'd say it's relevant context that does make PS4 sales look more impressive than the raw numbers alone. Yearly and lifetime sales are determined by weekly sales, so those are fair talking points as well. In order for Switch to overtake PS4 it's gonna need to lead each week by a greater margin than it is currently.

How much is the PS4 outselling the Switch by globally this year?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
SpokenTruth said:

You can equally apply that to any group here.  Further, it gets uglier when one group resorts to an unrelated topic in an attempt to diminish information within the primary topic.

Primary Topic: Hardware sales for this week.
Group 1: Console A wins this week.
Group 2: Yeah, but Console B is best selling for the year (different topic meant to diminish statistical fact of primary topic) and lifetime (different topic meant to diminish statistical fact of primary topic).

If you want to talk and celebrate Console B's yearly or lifetime performance, go make a thread about it instead of making subtle instigations.

You don't think how old a console is has any effect on it's week by week sales? I'd say it's relevant context that does make PS4 sales look more impressive than the raw numbers alone. Yearly and lifetime sales are determined by weekly sales, so those are fair talking points as well. In order for Switch to overtake PS4 it's gonna need to lead each week by a greater margin than it is currently.

No console starts off selling great and it goes downhill from there. PS4 is something past the peak, Switch is before the peak.