By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 27 July 2019

Barkley said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Gameboy colour had hundreds of exclusive games and can also play all Gameboy games. Its the same with ps2.

No because some GBC games were playable on GB, no PS2 games are playable on PS1. GBC has 660 games, 480 of them not playable on GB. PS2 has 4490 games, 4490 of them not playable on PS1.

I count the GBC as a successor, but it's not the same thing as PS1/PS2. It's a situation that has never been repeated.

Those GBC games that were playable on gameboy, cant they just be gameboy games that were playable on the GBC? When the ps2 released, they were still making ps1 games because they can also run on the ps2. Isnt that the same with the GBC and gameboy?

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Barkley said:

No because some GBC games were playable on GB, no PS2 games are playable on PS1. GBC has 660 games, 480 of them not playable on GB. PS2 has 4490 games, 4490 of them not playable on PS1.

I count the GBC as a successor, but it's not the same thing as PS1/PS2. It's a situation that has never been repeated.

Those GBC games that were playable on gameboy, cant they just be gameboy games that were playable on the GBC? When the ps2 released, they were still making ps1 games because they can also run on the ps2. Isnt that the same with the GBC and gameboy?

Well they were sold as Game Boy Color games and utilised the hardware, while the PS1 games were sold as PS1 games, not ps1 games in ps2 cases, and afaik no ps1 game utilised additional power or features of the ps2. I get your point though.

SpokenTruth said:
Intrinsic said:

And its talk or thinking like this that has made me cut back on how much I post in the forum. Blatant disregard of people going with what they want or like.

Like think about it, does it really matter? Now I didn't come into this thread saying anything about the PS4 doing so well and what not cause I don't personally believe there is anything to celebrate with the PS4 coming second. But that doesn't mean I can't see why people will be impressed by its current performance all things considering. 

What you guys need to accept, is that everyone has a bias. The only time that gets bad is when your bias makes you not respect or at least see the position of others. You guys have a Nintendo Bias, the guys happy about the PS4 performance may have a Playstation bias. Nothing wrong with any of that. This shit gets ugly when your Nintendo bias makes you unhappy that the PS guys are happy about something.

You can equally apply that to any group here.  Further, it gets uglier when one group resorts to an unrelated topic in an attempt to diminish information within the primary topic.

Primary Topic: Hardware sales for this week.
Group 1: Console A wins this week.
Group 2: Yeah, but Console B is best selling for the year (different topic meant to diminish statistical fact of primary topic) and lifetime (different topic meant to diminish statistical fact of primary topic).

If you want to talk and celebrate Console B's yearly or lifetime performance, go make a thread about it instead of making subtle instigations.

The way I recall this thread, there were three incidents.

1. Switch won the week
  2. PS4 is doing really well for being so old
  3. PS4 is still the best selling console for the year...

(1) and (2) have a place in this thread and the people that have an issue with (2) being said are to me just as bad as the people that are saying (3).

ZOMG, PS4 domination!