By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 27 July 2019

curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

You sound really sad. Ps4 in its 6th year still selling as well as the switch. If thats not domination i dont know what is.

Second place doesn't really fit my definition of "dominating".

Still outselling the switch so far this year while leading the switch by over 60m. Thats domination 

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
curl-6 said:

Second place doesn't really fit my definition of "dominating".

Still outselling the switch so far this year while leading the switch by over 60m. Thats domination 

Neither of which is relevant as that's not what people were responding to. The subject of the thread is the weekly sales for the period ending 27th of July, in which PS4 came in second. It just seems strange to me to so fervently celebrate coming in second place. Yes, PS4's age is a factor, but so is Switch just having had two imminent revisions announced.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 09 August 2019

curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Neither which is relevant as that's not what people were responding to. The subject of the thread is the weekly sales for the period ending 27th of July, in which PS4 came in second. It just seems strange to me to so fervently celebrate coming in second place. Yes, PS4's age is a factor, but that's countered by Switch just having had two imminent revisions announced.

curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Neither which is relevant as that's not what people were responding to. The subject of the thread is the weekly sales for the period ending 27th of July, in which PS4 came in second. It just seems strange to me to so fervently celebrate coming in second place. Yes, PS4's age is a factor, but that's countered by Switch just having had two imminent revisions announced.

I don't understand why you are so upset at the fact the ps4 is doing a well as it is. It's almost like no one is allowed to celebrate anything other than first place. This is like an 80yr old coming a very close second to in a race against Usain Bolt. Yes it's not first place, but Holy shit would it be impressive.

Yes the revisions, but also yes to no major release, no price drop, a new ps on the horizon and being in its 6th year.

Fei-Hung said:
curl-6 said:

curl-6 said:

I don't understand why you are so upset at the fact the ps4 is doing a well as it is. It's almost like no one is allowed to celebrate anything other than first place. This is like an 80yr old coming a very close second to in a race against Usain Bolt. Yes it's not first place, but Holy shit would it be impressive.

Yes the revisions, but also yes to no major release, no price drop, a new ps on the horizon and being in its 6th year.

PS4 is selling amazingly, there's no doubt about that, but I think PS5 is still too far off to really be hurting its sales. I don't think that will happen until PS5 is properly revealed most likely in the first half of next year.

Look, don't get me wrong, PS4's performance relative to its age is stellar.

But reading the responses I wondered if I'd misread the numbers, it just genuinely seemed like the kind of reaction I'd expect from a week where PS4 took the top spot.

Possibly I'm making too big a deal out of it, it just struck me as really odd.

Around the Network

Hmm, I smell Salt in here.
Facts are facts.
PS4 is the best selling console of 2019 so far. Without a permanent price cut, without an E3 presence(unlike Nintendo who had a terrific E3 ), without great software this year, with next Playstation officially confirmed and being in its 6th year.
So yeah, people will talk about PS4 for being a close second this week.

Ganoncrotch said:

Xbox1 Dominates the 3DS with 2:1 sales for yet another week! I just don't think Nintendo has any answers to their domination there.

@COKTOE It's not actually a new low, that came a few weeks ago http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=240644&page=1 and has yet to be dipped below. It's just been hovering over the 40k each week since this one though.

Oh geeze. Thanks for the correction. Surprised I would forget that as it was so recent.

@Sogreblute. Yes, I am aware PS4 wasn't released on August 8.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

curl-6 said:

*Switch wins the week*

Every comment: ZOMG, PS4 domination!

It's the same nonsense over and over again (PS4 6 YEARSSS!!!) and truth be told it comes out of inability to cope with the fact that Nintendo has a very successful console that is selling amazing and is threatening Sony's dominance for the coming period.

The Switch got another Global Weekly in the pocket. Accept, and move on people.

OTBWY said:
curl-6 said:

*Switch wins the week*

Every comment: ZOMG, PS4 domination!

It's the same nonsense over and over again (PS4 6 YEARSSS!!!) and truth be told it comes out of inability to cope with the fact that Nintendo has a very successful console that is selling amazing and is threatening Sony's dominance for the coming period.

Both Switch and PS4 are selling great.

Why are you guys upset that people are happy with PS4's numbers? If you really hate PlayStation that much can't you just celebrate the Switch numbers. What you're doing seems odd.

Replicant said:
OTBWY said:

Both Switch and PS4 are selling great.

Why are you guys upset that people are happy with PS4's numbers? If you really hate PlayStation that much can't you just celebrate the Switch numbers. What you're doing seems odd.

The same words I've read before but instead of PS4, it was for Nintendo, what a deja vu. This site is just a cycle like all things in the world, you'll get used to it. These people will grow up mentally, hopefully. 

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid