By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will you switch from Switch to Switch Lite?

Tagged games:

Will you switch from Switch to Switch Lite?

I keep my Switch, good enough 61 57.01%

I'll add a Lite to my Switch 8 7.48%

I'll switch to the Lite handheld 2 1.87%

Waited, I'll buy a normal Switch 4 3.74%

Waited, I'll buy a Switch Lite 3 2.80%

I'll wait for a Switch TV 4 3.74%

I'll wait for a Switch Pro 16 14.95%

I'm undecided 5 4.67%

I don't like Switch games 4 3.74%

Total:107
Paperboy_J said:

Nintendo has never made a more power version of a console before (unless there's been some news I'm unaware of).

New 3DS? But I'm not sure a new Switch will be more powerful in the same sense as a PS4 Pro or XBOX, but there will be a new switch model that is just better. 

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/7/10/20689379/nintendo-switch-update-fcc-change-cpu-nvidia-tegra-soc-nand

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Paperboy_J said:

Nintendo has never made a more power version of a console before (unless there's been some news I'm unaware of).

New 3DS?

Did that have more power?  I thought they just improved the 3D effect and battery life?  I could be wrong though and I guess it still counts.

Even if they did make a Switch Pro, I just wouldn't get my hopes up too much for some vast improvement.

From what I can see, the Switch Lite is just a downgrade. It doesn't add anything, it just takes away the ability to play on your TV. I suppose you could argue that the smaller form factor is an improvement in some sense. But, that's it. Absolutely no chance that I would buy one, as an existing switch owner. If I didn't yet own one, I suppose there's a chance I'd consider it due to the lower price.

Edited to fix auto-correct error.  Changed Kite to Lite.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 11 July 2019

VAMatt said:
From what I can see, the Switch Kite is just a downgrade. It doesn't add anything, it just takes away the ability to play on your TV. I suppose you could argue that the smaller form factor is an improvement in some sense. But, that's it. Absolutely no chance that I would buy one, as an existing switch owner. If I didn't yet own one, I suppose there's a chance I'd consider it due to the lower price.

If you can afford a second purchase, you can buy NS lite and use your og NS as a home console only... 

tak13 said:
VAMatt said:
From what I can see, the Switch Kite is just a downgrade. It doesn't add anything, it just takes away the ability to play on your TV. I suppose you could argue that the smaller form factor is an improvement in some sense. But, that's it. Absolutely no chance that I would buy one, as an existing switch owner. If I didn't yet own one, I suppose there's a chance I'd consider it due to the lower price.

If you can afford a second purchase, you can buy NS lite and use your og NS as a home console only... 

Sure.  One could also buy a Switch Lite for every backpack and piece of luggage they own, plus one for every car they ever ride in, and buy a regular Switch for every TV.  But, that's certainly not something I'd do.  

Around the Network

No, I can already use my Switch as a handheld. I'm not going to consider buying another Switch until a more powerful model is released. Unless there is a special FFVIII remastered Switch...don't do it to me, don't do it to me.

Do it to me, do it now.

I have an original Switch and i'll get a Switch Lite as a secondary console for indie & retro games only.

So no switching to any, just split up into two collection. Why? No folders and i'm utterly lazy.

One thing I wanted the Switch lite to have was Circle pads like the 3DS as they would have added to portability factor (even if by a little) and would end my concern over durability of the current analog sticks Nintendo use.

Nope. I've maybe used my Switch in handheld mode 5 times since ive had it? Ive had it for over a year. I prefer docked mode.

I'm waiting for the Switch Lite.