By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will you switch from Switch to Switch Lite?

Tagged games:

Will you switch from Switch to Switch Lite?

I keep my Switch, good enough 61 57.01%

I'll add a Lite to my Switch 8 7.48%

I'll switch to the Lite handheld 2 1.87%

Waited, I'll buy a normal Switch 4 3.74%

Waited, I'll buy a Switch Lite 3 2.80%

I'll wait for a Switch TV 4 3.74%

I'll wait for a Switch Pro 16 14.95%

I'm undecided 5 4.67%

I don't like Switch games 4 3.74%

Total:107

Switch Lite is a downgrade imo from my current Switch so no point in getting it.

Around the Network

I asked my girlfriend if she wanted one, and she didn't. Will wait till the Switch Pro, and then maybe giver her my old one.

Switch lite really isn't a replacement Switch for most people, I think.

I never sell old hardware. While I do hate the idea of physical media and want as little of it as possible, the actual hardware it's played on has value to me - even if updated hardware is seemingly superior and capable of playing most to all of the old software. There's nothing quite like playing an NES game on the NES, even with all its problems; although, I CANNOT abide by broken saves! Which is why I actually usually use the Wii, Classic Mini, or Switch to play old NES games now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Yes. I use it only as a handheld. Will grab the Pokemon special edition if I can.

At best I'll switch from no Switch to a Switch Pro if the latter has good specs worthy of the currently available technology. There are a few games I'm interested in such as BOTW, Metroid Prime 4 and Super Mario Odyssey. All other Nintendo first party games I don't care for and third party games I can get for much cheaper on Playstation.