Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Show the vgchartz community your Mario Maker 2 levels! UPDATED 7/6/2019

This one I threw together on the fly. I would like a genuine reaction/review. Even if the player didn't enjoy.

3P6 N3D MLG

HINT: If you can find the feather there's a shortcut to the goal.

Last edited by SuperRetroTurbo - on 10 March 2020

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Around the Network

New one;

Hotel Mario
77S-1MX-XSG

Short maze level. And yes, inspired by...



This died out a lot faster than I anticipated.
If anyone here is down to swap levels lmk. I would even like to make one with somebody. That's a great feature in the game.



Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

I just uploaded my fourth level, "Opposites Attacked". It is a tiny/huge level that I spent a lot of time on. The course ID is WJV-8JS-MKG

I would love to see this thread become more popular. I will continue to play SMM2 for a long time. It may take me a while to upload levels, though because I enjoy playing just as much as creating.



Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Hey guys, long time since I checked this thread but I haven’t had any time to play games lately, over the holidays I’ll be playing some, first one I checked out was SMM2 legendary Update! I made a level over the last few days:

Name: Doc.Stalk 2-2 Link’s Adventure
Code: L5P-C69-JTG
Version: SMB
Type: Ground Night/castle sub level
Difficulty: Medium-Hard

This is my first Link Level, so I didn’t go to crazy, however I kept adding as I got other ideas, so it is quite long. There are a few mini bosses and a final boss. I will definitely be making a few more link inspired levels, if you guys could give it a run and give me some feedback on the parts you liked/didn’t like I’d appreciate it. I put a lot of effort in making levels lol, normally takes me 10’s hours per level.

I’m going to go through this and see if I’ve missed some ones you guys have posted and give them a go!



Around the Network

I had recently started my own Super Mario Maker 2 course sharing thread featuring 19 (of the now 20) courses that I had created so far before finding this old level sharing thread.  I'll post the Course ID and Description of my most popular Course according to # of players and amount of Likes in case anyone still views this thread and is interested in reviving it.

Mario Plays NES Games
Course ID: TW6-PMX-VQF
Description: As Mario, go home to your living room for an afternoon of playing three NES classic games on your NES. Turn the NES on and hop inside your TV to play a level of "Mario Bros.", "Donkey Kong Jr.", and "Super Mario Bros."

I'll also be checking out the courses that have already been posted here in the meantime.



S.Peelman said:
New one;

Hotel Mario
77S-1MX-XSG

Short maze level. And yes, inspired by...

Whoa, I had thought that I had the only Hotel Mario course on SMM2, but apparently you beat me to it by a few months!  I'll have to check this out later today.  Here's my Hotel Mario inspired course:

Hotel Mario WoodDoor-Hysteria
Level Code: PP4-MDM-V8G
Description: Inspired by the infamous Mario licensed game on the failed Phillips CDi console, "Hotel Mario". This level is themed after the level, "Morton's WoodDoor-Hysteria Manor".

EDIT:  Just played your Hotel Mario course.  Very nicely done.  Mine is far more simplistic in comparison!  Ironically, I had originally planned to use the On/Off switches when I began crafting my stage, but I wasn't quite happy with how it was turning out.  So, I ditched the concept and when all in on just the aesthetic of the theme.  I figured this could be a bite-sized course, and then I could always craft a "deluxe" version later.

Last edited by Mandalore76 - on 09 March 2020

TopCat8 said:
I just uploaded my fourth level, "Opposites Attacked". It is a tiny/huge level that I spent a lot of time on. The course ID is WJV-8JS-MKG

I would love to see this thread become more popular. I will continue to play SMM2 for a long time. It may take me a while to upload levels, though because I enjoy playing just as much as creating.

Working my way backwards in this thread and just played your course.  Nice job.  I finished it and might go back again later to whittle my time down since I see the World Record is significantly shorter than my finish time.

EDIT:  Played "1-2 Cave for the Brave" last night.  Liked it.  Astonished by the 15 second World Record on it.  I haven't found that shortcut yet!

TopCat8 said:

I just uploaded a third course. It's supposed to feel like an actual Mario level, and shouldn't be too challenging for this community.

"Cave for the Brave" TVR-S4T-QKG

Last edited by Mandalore76 - on 10 March 2020

SuperRetroTurbo said:
This one I threw together on the fly. I would like a genuine reaction/review. Even if the player didn't enjoy.

3PG N3D MLG

HINT: If you can find the feather there's a shortcut to the goal.

I tried to look this one up, but it came up "Course or Maker not found".



Mandalore76 said:
S.Peelman said:
New one;

Hotel Mario
77S-1MX-XSG

Short maze level. And yes, inspired by...

Whoa, I had thought that I had the only Hotel Mario course on SMM2, but apparently you beat me to it by a few months!  I'll have to check this out later today.  Here's my Hotel Mario inspired course:

Hotel Mario WoodDoor-Hysteria
Level Code: PP4-MDM-V8G
Description: Inspired by the infamous Mario licensed game on the failed Phillips CDi console, "Hotel Mario". This level is themed after the level, "Morton's WoodDoor-Hysteria Manor".

EDIT:  Just played your Hotel Mario course.  Very nicely done.  Mine is far more simplistic in comparison!  Ironically, I had originally planned to use the On/Off switches when I began crafting my stage, but I wasn't quite happy with how it was turning out.  So, I ditched the concept and when all in on just the aesthetic of the theme.  I figured this could be a bite-sized course, and then I could always craft a "deluxe" version later.

Thanks for playing.

Yeah it took me a while before I finally had something that worked to my satisfaction. Still wasn’t 100% happy with it, but I guess it’s similar enough to the real thing though in the real game the doors are mostly for hiding and don’t take you anywhere, except the elevators.

Anyway I’ll play your level soon, curious about how both our levels compare.