By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Show the vgchartz community your Mario Maker 2 levels! UPDATED 7/6/2019

Mandalore76 said:
TopCat8 said:

I played your G.I. Joe level before I knew you were from this site. I tried and failed at The Great Hall of Bowser and Rise of Skywalker. I also got instantly stuck in the Hotel Mario level due to one, then both of the goombas despawning at the beginning.

Cool that you found one of my levels prior to my posting here.  Thanks for checking out some others.  Just curious, what part did you get stuck on in "The Great Hall of Bowser"?  There are a few tricky spots, but there is a hidden path in the rising lava sub world that helps reach the checkpoint.

I couldn't get past the swinging hooks. I'm pretty sure I saw the secret path, but couldn't get to it either.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network
TopCat8 said:
Mandalore76 said:

Cool that you found one of my levels prior to my posting here.  Thanks for checking out some others.  Just curious, what part did you get stuck on in "The Great Hall of Bowser"?  There are a few tricky spots, but there is a hidden path in the rising lava sub world that helps reach the checkpoint.

I couldn't get past the swinging hooks. I'm pretty sure I saw the secret path, but couldn't get to it either.

There's a P Switch in a hidden block.  Drop down onto the platform just below the ledge under the vine and jump up to expose it.  It requires some quick running and jumping to stay ahead of the rising lava, but it's the easier of the 2 paths.

SuperRetroTurbo said:
Mandalore76 said:

I tried to look this one up, but it came up "Course or Maker not found".

Ok. It's 3P6 N3D MLG.

The first G was supposed to be a 6.

Yep, that was it.  Started playing it on my lunch break after finishing up a squad story in Valkyria Chronicles 4 and will continue it after work.  Challenging so far, but I have made it past the one obstacle I was temporarily stuck at (the on/off block bridge).

RetroGamer94 said:
Hey guys, long time since I checked this thread but I haven’t had any time to play games lately, over the holidays I’ll be playing some, first one I checked out was SMM2 legendary Update! I made a level over the last few days:

Name: Doc.Stalk 2-2 Link’s Adventure
Code: L5P-C69-JTG
Version: SMB
Type: Ground Night/castle sub level
Difficulty: Medium-Hard

This is my first Link Level, so I didn’t go to crazy, however I kept adding as I got other ideas, so it is quite long. There are a few mini bosses and a final boss. I will definitely be making a few more link inspired levels, if you guys could give it a run and give me some feedback on the parts you liked/didn’t like I’d appreciate it. I put a lot of effort in making levels lol, normally takes me 10’s hours per level.

I’m going to go through this and see if I’ve missed some ones you guys have posted and give them a go!

I missed this course the last time I went through this thread, but I have started playing it today.  Very nice Link Moveset tutorial in the opening section.  I haven't gotten through the castle section yet.  I start to run into trouble at the 3 Thwomps with the On/Off blocks.  I'll keep at it though, because it is an enjoyable and well crafted course.  I have a couple of courses posted here, but my full list is on my own course sharing thread if you haven't seen it yet: My Super Mario Maker 2 level sharing thread

Edit - Those 3 Thwomps were easier than first though once I remembered I could kill them with the On/Off blocks.  I was initially trying to trap them underneath them as I went across.  I'm at the main world checkpoint now at what appears to be a difficult jump into an On/Off wall.  I had to stop there as my lunch break ended, but have it on pause to resume after work.  I'm enjoying the course very much and will definitely leave it a Like as soon as I complete it.  

Last edited by Mandalore76 - on 14 May 2020

pkmnMasterWheeeIer said:
Here's one from me: 1TT-Y6H-QQF

My first level on Mario Maker 2, tried my hand at a more standard level, rather than the more puzzle like ones did in 1

I just played this today.  Nice job on a first level.  I liked the Red Coin chambers and got your true ending.  I left a Like and a Stamp on it.

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
Created my first course yesterday which took me about 15 minutes. L6T-V9G-HXG

It's nothing special but for my first time I don't think it's terrible.

Played this just now.  Nice job for a 15 minute creation.  I completed it and left a Like and Stamp comment on it.

benji232 said:
My first level! Was created a few days ago and not a sinle playthrough yet. Nothing special but would love if someone gave it a shot! D7T-95F-H6G

Started this level during the day yesterday and got stuck for a bit near the end.  I thought you had to do a jump off the hopping Cheep Cheep to get from one island to the next after coming out of the pipe which I was having trouble with the timing.  So, I took a break from it, but when I came back to it, I realized that the jump is possible without any boost and I was able to finish the level.  Nicely themed.  Good addition of tension to the level with Porcupuffers.  I left it a Like and a Stamp comment.

pkmnMasterWheeeIer said:
Here's one from me: 1TT-Y6H-QQF

My first level on Mario Maker 2, tried my hand at a more standard level, rather than the more puzzle like ones did in 1

This was an enjoyable standard level.  It would fit in well as a course in Super World if you ever crafted one with other courses like it.  I left a Like and a Stamp comment on it.

Asriel said:
I remade the first Moon Zone level from Super Mario Land 2 with some slight changes: Y9L KD2 JWF

I've only made two Mario Maker levels and this is my second.

I enjoyed this one as well.  My first time through I ran out of time, because I tried to take the long way back to the Goal and then figured out I didn't actually have to.  

RetroGamer94 said:
Hey guys, long time since I checked this thread but I haven’t had any time to play games lately, over the holidays I’ll be playing some, first one I checked out was SMM2 legendary Update! I made a level over the last few days:

Name: Doc.Stalk 2-2 Link’s Adventure
Code: L5P-C69-JTG
Version: SMB
Type: Ground Night/castle sub level
Difficulty: Medium-Hard

This is my first Link Level, so I didn’t go to crazy, however I kept adding as I got other ideas, so it is quite long. There are a few mini bosses and a final boss. I will definitely be making a few more link inspired levels, if you guys could give it a run and give me some feedback on the parts you liked/didn’t like I’d appreciate it. I put a lot of effort in making levels lol, normally takes me 10’s hours per level.

I’m going to go through this and see if I’ve missed some ones you guys have posted and give them a go!

Okay, this one I was stuck on for a while yesterday.  I had made it to the sub-world Castle checkpoint before eventually needing to take another break.  After getting past the Thwomp line and 3 fire breathing Piranha Plants, I got stuck on the Lift ride and platforming section.  What made it more difficult was what a long way back to the previous checkpoint to start over from (once I accidentally despawned my Koopa Clown Car in the On/Off blocks, and another time I accidentally jumped out and got soft locked by the opposite direction conveyors and had to wait out the timer to restart!).  But I understand the checkpoint placement, because I was grateful for the 2nd checkpoint to appear when I got to it in the first place!  After taking another break, I persevered and got through that section and reached the final boss.  I was very grateful for the infinitely spawning Master Swords.  I was able to fight from a distance with arrows and bombs at risk of a Time's Up.  I ended up reaching the Flagpole with under 10 seconds.  Let me tell you, I felt a tremendous feeling of accomplishment when I hit that Flagpole and then saw that I was just the 2nd person to have done it.  It is a challenging Level for sure and seems long in that end section, but the deaths never feel cheap.  And, the good level design spurs you on to keep going till the end.  I recommend it to anyone looking for an "enjoyable" challenge.  Two thumbs up from me.  I was more than happy to leave a Like and a victory stamp of "Beat It" with shocked Mii expression, lol.

Hello all. I just finished my latest level "Cloudy Chaos". I haven't made anything in over a year, but I worked hard on this latest creation. It's just a standard auto-scroll level, and shouldn't be too much of a problem to beat. Let me know your thoughts if you play it.
Course ID: CX8-2RY-Y4G

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8