By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does E.A have issue with Nintendo still

potato_hamster said:
Alcyon said:

And still hybrid ? If not, then look at the Xbox One. And if you want an hybrid system, then obviously you have to give up something else.

Or, and the Wii was also a success.

It's only a "hybrid" because Nintendo says it is. It's a handheld that shipped with a way to connect it to a TV out of the box. What did they really give up by "making it hybrid" exactly? A little bit of manufacturing cost by having the detachable controllers (which are easily its worst, and one of its least refined features) and shipping it with a dock, both of which they'll likely wipe out by making a "Switch Mini" which is little more than "A switch with all of the 'hybrid' features removed", which just reaffirms just how much of a handheld it really is.

Sure, the Wii was a success. It had significant support from every major third party, including EA. What's your point?

What was EA support for the Wii Boom Blox?  EA had nothing to do with Wii success and lack of support wouldn't have mattered.  As for half assed ports remark.  DS and Wii didn't need EA to be a success and they don't need EA for the Switch to be a success.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 21 June 2019

Around the Network

EA doesn't understand the market for the Switch, they have said so themselves.

They don't understand that, in order to crack the Switch audience, they have to come with QUALITY.

They have to compete with Nintendo's games, and that's the only way they can make a dent. Since that makes absolutely NO sense to them, they simply haven't entertained the idea very much. EA reminds me a lot of Atari when they got bought by Warner. Service to the consumer makes no sense to them, it is ALL about exploitation. That's the only thing they understand.

potato_hamster said:
Alcyon said:

And still hybrid ? If not, then look at the Xbox One. And if you want an hybrid system, then obviously you have to give up something else.

Or, and the Wii was also a success.

It's only a "hybrid" because Nintendo says it is. It's a handheld that shipped with a way to connect it to a TV out of the box. What did they really give up by "making it hybrid" exactly? A little bit of manufacturing cost by having the detachable controllers (which are easily its worst, and one of its least refined features) and shipping it with a dock, both of which they'll likely wipe out by making a "Switch Mini" which is little more than "A switch with all of the 'hybrid' features removed", which just reaffirms just how much of a handheld it really is.

Sure, the Wii was a success. It had significant support from every major third party, including EA. What's your point?

I am always amazed when someone dismiss the definition of hybrid. PS Vite+PS4 is an hybrid ? Good luck playing your PS4 games on a plane. And also, good luck to play your PS Vita games on a TV (that's possible, but seriously, good luck).

About the Wii http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/2/wii/

We can all see how the "signifiant support from every major third party" is wonderful. Wow.

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/3/playstation-3/

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/7/xbox-360/

We obviously don't notice any big difference, don't we ?

Alcyon said:
potato_hamster said:

I am always amazed when someone dismiss the definition of hybrid. PS Vite+PS4 is an hybrid ? Good luck playing your PS4 games on a plane. And also, good luck to play your PS Vita games on a TV (that's possible, but seriously, good luck).

We can all see how the "signifiant support from every major third party" is wonderful. Wow.

When the difference between a "hybrid console" and a "non-hybrid console" is whether an accessory to play a console on a TV ships with the console or is sold separately, the term is at best a marketing tool.  To be clear my point was that it meets the definition of "hybrid" because of the ways you can play the same game in different ways with everything included in a single package, not how practical it is, or how capable each solution is.

What about the Wii? I see dozens, if not hundreds of titles appearing on the Wii from every major publisher, including many of the most popular third party franchises in the world. Not once did I claim that the third party support for the Wii was nearly as good as the PS3 or Xbox 360 (because it obviously isn't), but there is absolutely no denying the Wii enjoyed much, much better third party support in terms of major third party titles than the Switch has so far. I mean honesty, the only publisher that is even doing Wii-style support (in the sense that they're consistently putting out a selection of their latest games on the platform) on the Switch is Bethesda

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 21 June 2019

potato_hamster said:
It amazes me how many people think how unimportant real, signifcant third party support from companies like EA is for long-term success of a console's life.

Yes I know, "Fuck EA, they're cancer, worst company in America"... EA brings in $5 billion a year. That's an enormous consumer base. Their games matter to the gaming community whether you like it or not.

There are millions of people out there that won't consider a console that doesn't have games like Call of Duty, Madden, Grand Theft Auto, and Assassin's Creed. How many Switches could Nintendo sell if they had these franchises on their platform?

Well, exactly one of these IPs is actually from EA, so this is not the greatest of all points. (Also technically AssCreed is on Switch, but you mean current ones.)

But you have to see, that this sword uts both ways: Think how much more Sony and MS could sell, if they had games like Mario Kart, Zelda, Xenoblade, Pokemon and Civilization.

The basic point is: a gaming platforms sells based on the games it has. More games is always better. Some games are very popular and help more. And different games deliver for different tastes. So if current Nintendo platform owner dislike games that aren't actually on their platform it makes a lot of sense: if they would like these games, they had chosen another platform. And that current PS4/XB1 owners dislike Nintendo games makes also sense - if they would like them, they would own a Nintendo platform.

Would it be great if one platform had all games? Pronably that would also be bad, but the more games a platform accumulates, the better. Currently it doesn't look too bad for Switch. That the lineup doesn't contain stuff you like means you probably don't own one. But that doesn't change the fact that millions like the Switch - because they have different tastes than you and therefore deem different games important.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
potato_hamster said:
It amazes me how many people think how unimportant real, signifcant third party support from companies like EA is for long-term success of a console's life.

Yes I know, "Fuck EA, they're cancer, worst company in America"... EA brings in $5 billion a year. That's an enormous consumer base. Their games matter to the gaming community whether you like it or not.

There are millions of people out there that won't consider a console that doesn't have games like Call of Duty, Madden, Grand Theft Auto, and Assassin's Creed. How many Switches could Nintendo sell if they had these franchises on their platform?

Well, exactly one of these IPs is actually from EA, so this is not the greatest of all points. (Also technically AssCreed is on Switch, but you mean current ones.)

But you have to see, that this sword uts both ways: Think how much more Sony and MS could sell, if they had games like Mario Kart, Zelda, Xenoblade, Pokemon and Civilization.

The basic point is: a gaming platforms sells based on the games it has. More games is always better. Some games are very popular and help more. And different games deliver for different tastes. So if current Nintendo platform owner dislike games that aren't actually on their platform it makes a lot of sense: if they would like these games, they had chosen another platform. And that current PS4/XB1 owners dislike Nintendo games makes also sense - if they would like them, they would own a Nintendo platform.

Would it be great if one platform had all games? Pronably that would also be bad, but the more games a platform accumulates, the better. Currently it doesn't look too bad for Switch. That the lineup doesn't contain stuff you like means you probably don't own one. But that doesn't change the fact that millions like the Switch - because they have different tastes than you and therefore deem different games important.

*claims that since one of the games I listed was from EA on a point about overall third party support means my point isn't great*

*claims "sword cuts both ways" by pointing out Sony would sell more Playstations if they had Nintendo first party games... and Civilization*

*goes on some tangent about how Nintendo owners don't like PS4/Xbox games, and PS4/Xbox owners don't like Nintendo games so its fine their libraries don't have that much in common, or something*

*thinks I probably don't own a Switch because I don't like how poor the third party support is for the Switch*

Okay man. You think whatever you want to think. There's obviously no reasonable conversation to be had with you.

Because EA can't comprehend why Nintendo is still successful after their fails while EA themselves are having a very hard time understanding why people can't accept their single player is dead and loot boxes shinanigans protest.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

potato_hamster said:
Alcyon said:

When the difference between a "hybrid console" and a "non-hybrid console" is whether an accessory to play a console on a TV ships with the console or is sold separately, the term is at best a marketing tool.  To be clear my point was that it meets the definition of "hybrid" because of the ways you can play the same game in different ways with everything included in a single package, not how practical it is, or how capable each solution is.

What about the Wii? I see dozens, if not hundreds of titles appearing on the Wii from every major publisher, including many of the most popular third party franchises in the world. Not once did I claim that the third party support for the Wii was nearly as good as the PS3 or Xbox 360 (because it obviously isn't), but there is absolutely no denying the Wii enjoyed much, much better third party support in terms of major third party titles than the Switch has so far. I mean honesty, the only publisher that is even doing Wii-style support (in the sense that they're consistently putting out a selection of their latest games on the platform) on the Switch is Bethesda

Yes I deny it. On the Wii, from the "major third party titles", you had rhythm games and half-assed ports. And few exclusives (timed or not).

Maybe Nintendo are stricken on the Loot box ideas that EA force into there games. Consider N has a house hold name maybe that dont want to trash there image since alot of kids play there games and EA is all about gambling.

twintail said:
KrspaceT said:

Ammibo are actually far more akin to 'LOL Surprise' and Kindereggs than digital content. Also most if not a vast majority of Amiibo content are costume DLC, hardly levels or such, and you don't plop them down to get super weapons for Splatoon 

Nah, that is just defending Nintendo for allowing ingame content to be locked until the player had an appropiate amiibo. Costumes are still content.

sethnintendo said:

Ha... I actually like the damn amiibos just sitting there on my shelves.  I don't give a fuck about what they unlock or do.  I tried a few out in Smash and they made the lvling too damn quick and it was pointless after a few hours once they lvled all the way up.  So to answer your question.  I bought them to look at not to unlock shit in game.

My question has nothing to do with the reason for which you bought amiibos.

Well for one I like to see little figurines.  I don't view it as DLC.  I view it as figurine collectables.  So yeah you can diss me all you want but I like to look at them.  They are like trophies in smash

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 21 June 2019