By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How physical are you?

how physical are you?

0-10% 23 20.18%

11-20% 6 5.26%

21-30% 6 5.26%

31-40% 5 4.39%

41-50% 8 7.02%

51-60% 8 7.02%

61-70% 5 4.39%

71-80% 12 10.53%

81-90% 12 10.53%

91-100% 29 25.44%

Total:114
kirby007 said:
VAMatt said:
I buy physical most of the time, so that I can resell my games. But, I'm too busy to resell often these days. So, I think digital will likely get an increasing portion of my gaming spend going forward. If I'm not going to resell, I prefer the convenience of digital. With that said, I won't pay significantly more for a digital game. So, if the game is a year or more old, and I don't want to wait for a sale, I'm likely going to go with a used, physical copy.

Quite frankly even digital games these days are quite cheap if you keep an eye out 

Especially if you have a busy enough life that you got yourself a backlog. Don't have the time like I did when younger to play and beat every game coming out.

There are a ton of great games I could buy right now, but I have a hard time finding time to play games, so I'll just play the ones I have and snag the ones I want when they on crazy sales. 

Around the Network

100% for consoles, 0% for PC.

On Switch roughly 50/50 but I only buy digital if digital is the only option (with one exception).

On PC/Mac (yes you can play games on a Mac) I'm 100% digital.

If I had a PS4/XBO I would probably be 100 % digital if I had one, why buy the disc if I have to install the game on the harddrive anyway?

Spindel said:

If I had a PS4/XBO I would probably be 100 % digital if I had one, why buy the disc if I have to install the game on the harddrive anyway?

- If you want to trade in or sell the game later.

- If you want to lend it to a friend.

- If you don't have fast internet.

- If you have a data cap.

- If you like having a physical item for collection purposes, i.e look good on a shelf.

- If digital prices are insane (at launch they usually are).

WoodenPints said:
Varies quite a lot per platform for me
Switch: 98% physical
Xbox: 50%
PC: 0%

The massive size of my PC library out weighs the other platforms pushing me well into a higher digital %.

Hot damn. So what Switch digital game did you end up getting? I'm assuming it's just one, as you'd need 49 physical and 1 digital to hold that percentage. If you have more than one digital game, then your physical library must be godly.

Around the Network

I paid for Xbox Game Pass. Roughly 3 months ago and still subscribed. I practically never used digital prior to. Since then, I've encountered a number of issues all in which have the same result. Unable to play the game for whatever reason. I would take screenshots if anyone needed proof but I have no reason to make it up. I don't trust physical copies let alone digital and for very good reasons. The day consoles become solely digital is the day I quit purchasing home systems.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

RaptorChrist said:
WoodenPints said:
Varies quite a lot per platform for me
Switch: 98% physical
Xbox: 50%
PC: 0%

The massive size of my PC library out weighs the other platforms pushing me well into a higher digital %.

Hot damn. So what Switch digital game did you end up getting? I'm assuming it's just one, as you'd need 49 physical and 1 digital to hold that percentage. If you have more than one digital game, then your physical library must be godly.

Golf Story and I guess looking at it better it's not quite as high like more 96% physical but in general I just want everything to be physical on my Switch whilst with other platforms I'm more than happy with digital.

Barkley said:
Spindel said:

- If you like having a physical item for collection purposes, i.e look good on a shelf.

I don’t sell games, it’s not worth the effort

I can’t even remember the last time I lent a game to a friend or lent a game from a friend

I have fiber to my house and pay for 100/100 mpbs

I don’t have a data cap

I see no purpose of physical games if I have to install them anyway

I agree that digital is to expensive if you consider you don’t have to make and/or distribute a physical copy (same thing can be said about ebooks). But heck convinience.

Almost all Physical. Molasses speeds and a cap means just typical updates, the odd DLC, and PS Plus subscription games, generally downloaded over multiples of nights. I wish PS4 had a download scheduler so I didn't have to eat into the cap at all. With better net, my initial purchases would probably remain physical, but in terms of DLC, I would certainly buy and download more.

Spindel said:
Barkley said:

I don’t sell games, it’s not worth the effort

I can’t even remember the last time I lent a game to a friend or lent a game from a friend

I have fiber to my house and pay for 100/100 mpbs

I don’t have a data cap

I see no purpose of physical games if I have to install them anyway

I agree that digital is to expensive if you consider you don’t have to make and/or distribute a physical copy (same thing can be said about ebooks). But heck convinience.

There's barely any effort involved. Just offer them for 10% less than others do and multiple people will contact you. Just pick the one which suits you best.
I was getting rid of some of my GB and GBC games last year because I saw that Pokemon is still valued pretty highly.
Was getting ~€15 for each Red, Blue, Yellow and Silver and a whopping 35€ for Crystal, since I still got the manual and box.
Crystal was literally sold within an hour.
Or if you're fine with getting a little less money, just sell all games (and other media) to a reseller. Even more convenient but less profitable of course.