By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How physical are you?

how physical are you?

0-10% 23 20.18%

11-20% 6 5.26%

21-30% 6 5.26%

31-40% 5 4.39%

41-50% 8 7.02%

51-60% 8 7.02%

61-70% 5 4.39%

71-80% 12 10.53%

81-90% 12 10.53%

91-100% 29 25.44%

Total:114

PC pretty much all digital, PS4 pretty much all physical, switch depends, if its cheap enough or going to get a lot of playtime (multiplayer, massive replay value etc.) and I know I will enjoy it I go digital, otherwise I go physical.
Steam makes digital pretty much the only option, PS4 I don't mind going physical since most games I get for the PS4 get a single playthrough but I try to go digital with switch when I can since it aids the portability so much

Around the Network

I'm more digital than I like to be.
Game Pass plays a huge factor in that. I'm not buying any game that is more than €10 at this point because so many games have been added to Game Pass that I've bought for ~€20 and barely played them. I want to minimize wasting my money with that move.
Tons of indies don't get a physical release, so I have no choice.
I have a second Xbox One, so with a digital game I can play it on both systems simultaneously, which is quite a strong point for digital.

I own 516 Xbox One games, 90 physical and 426 digital. That's 83% digital.
Counting all games I've played on Xbox One, it's 88% digital.

Last edited by Barozi - on 14 June 2019

Almost entirely digital. Buying one copy and sharing with my brother is worth it more than being able to sell it later. Switch would be an exception because you can't play on two consoles at once with the same copy, online anyway, Switch sales for first party games are terrible (Wow Mario Kart 8 is in their e3 eshop sale right now for the amazing price of £34!!!!), and Nintendo games still sell for a ton years later.

New Big AAA games. Disk only.

Online games I can't get on disc, wait until an onsale.

Big games I have digital are were either given to me on PS+ but I have the disc also (Borderlands Collection, Bloodborne) or 50% or more off offers (Diablo 3, Dragon Age:Inquistion, although I bought this with the console and traded in my copy for a PSN voucher which paid for the GOTY edition. :P). If I could get Overwatch for £5 digital, I'd probably pay that just so I don't have to put the disk in all the time but at the moment I'm playing Skyrim (which I got for £10 digital), Dauntless and Overwatch so that disk remains in the drive.

My main issue with digital is simply that it doesn't have competitive pricing. Injustice 2 Legendary Edition is £48 on PSN, it was released march last year, you can currently get it for £15 in Argos. KH3 is on sale on PSN right now, £33, Argos? £28 and that's not on sale, it's just the price they are selling it, when the PSN sales ends, it'll be £55 again, no doubt. Considering you can't sell it and/or exchange it, it needs to be better pricing competitively but online stores can control their pricing, essentially fixing the price, they don't compete with high street or online stores as they don't need to.

Hmm, pie.

I am fine with digital, but streaming can eff right off

Around the Network

Within like five years I've gone from 100% physical to 100% digital. The convenience of it destroyed any sort of nostalgia I had for the old ways. I have no desire to have to carry around games or boxes of games ever again.

Varies quite a lot per platform for me
Switch: 98% physical
Xbox: 50%
PC: 0%

The massive size of my PC library out weighs the other platforms pushing me well into a higher digital %.

My body is 100% physical, but I feel mind and sensation caused by bodily stimuli can be considered beyond physical.

In terms of owining exclusive pieces of plastic on which my video game data are loaded onto; I have not purchased any physical items besides consoles and accessories since the early 3DS era. Even longer for PC.

ALTHOUGH! When it comes to mobile! I’m STILL backing N-Gage all the way baby! 

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

91-100% has a lot. I guess a significant portion of people here don’t play Steam games and rarely play indie titles. Sad really.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

On the Ps4, I'm 95% digital.