By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How physical are you?

how physical are you?

0-10% 23 20.18%

11-20% 6 5.26%

21-30% 6 5.26%

31-40% 5 4.39%

41-50% 8 7.02%

51-60% 8 7.02%

61-70% 5 4.39%

71-80% 12 10.53%

81-90% 12 10.53%

91-100% 29 25.44%

Total:114

As you all know, streaming is going to be tits!

But thus far we are still in the end of the physical era.

.... Partly because we can also just get them digitally, out of the last 50 games I bought 3 of those were physical:

CoD:ww2 and far cry 4 because they were less expensive and spider-man because it was a bundle.
Rest of the games was download only.
Now this might be because in 2010 i started with digital downloads with cataclysm because i could start playing the moment the actual servers went online. Instead of hoping the game would come earlier with the mail or actually going to a midnight launch and stand in a nerdline, no thank you.

anyway back to the number 3 out of the last 50 purchases means im currently 6% physical for the last year.
I feel like that means im ready

what about you?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I can't recall the last physical game I purchased.

Storing discs is just annoying. Switching discs is annoying.

And for Switch, portability is great for digital. Have all games on me at all times. No extra pack with 20 cartridges in it, or mad cause i randomly feel like playing this game while out and about and didn't bring it, ect.

Around half the games I own are physical.
I used to be full physical but for the last year Ive been buying digital because money.

I miss being able to see a box, but considering physical games don't come with booklets I don't feel like I'm missing much. Digital allows me to switch between games instantly, and keeps me from being tempted to taste that terrible coating on the outside of the Switch carts. I've never done it, but every time I handle one I have to use a lot of self control not to try.

On consoles I buy mostly physical, at least 80%, probably closer to 90%, but on PC it's pretty much all digital.

Around the Network

In terms of units purchased, 50/50 is a solid enough estimate. In terms of $$$ spent, it's probably 80/20 in favor of physical. I buy new games I want on launch day physical when given the choice, and the choice is almost always there. There are exceptions, like EDF 5 on PS4, and EDF 2017 on Vita.....EDF! There are also the smaller budget, digital-only games from devs like Housemarque that I buy.

For digital, I tend to wait for sales more often, so much less has been spent on digital over the years. Like last summer when I got Darksiders: Warmastered on sale for 99 cents on PSN. I always lose track, but I also have approximately 350-370 digital games as part of my PS+ sub. Ha. That's it's own category though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I use Steam that is all

Oh i thought you meant like physical activity. Ahem. Ill just quietly leave this thread now....

I am 90% physical. The only time I buy digital is if it is digital only, requires to be online anyway, or requires a partial download on Switch.

Most games are still perfectly playable without their day 1 patches as well, so I want to point that out before someone trys to bring that up. I prefer owning my games without the worry of my ability to download being taken away, and I have no interest in streaming what so ever.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'm pretty much fully on board with digital. Given that I have a massive Steam/GOG library, with a possible Epic library in the future, I imagine my last 50 purchases were more than 90% digital. Hell, even Sekiro for the PC, which I bought the collector's edition for, was only a code in a case.

I also have no qualms with buying digital console games either.  My Switch library is probably 60% digital.  PS4 is probably about 40% digital.

However, I'm still VERY skeptical of streaming.