By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How physical are you?

how physical are you?

0-10% 23 20.18%

11-20% 6 5.26%

21-30% 6 5.26%

31-40% 5 4.39%

41-50% 8 7.02%

51-60% 8 7.02%

61-70% 5 4.39%

71-80% 12 10.53%

81-90% 12 10.53%

91-100% 29 25.44%

Total:114

Without counting i am going to estimate 60% physical vs 40% digital

Around the Network

I'm 100% digital since about 2015.

I might come back and actually count my ratios later but a rough estimate would be : 

PS4 : 60% physical

Switch : 30% physical

PC: 0% physical (duh!)

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 13 June 2019

Signature goes here!

If it is an epic single player experience or anthology, then I want it physical. I want the artwork and the experience of physically opening and entering the world. I also don't want lag or some other tech or service telling me when or where I can enter or return to that world. These are also bigger games usually, so saves storage space. (Witcher 3, Wolfenstein, Square RPGs, Tales series, Mario Odyssey, BoTW, GoW, Elder Scrolls, Doom, Crash Trilogy) 40% of games

I forgive MMO games for the fact that they are updated regularly to continue providing the same level of experience and due to the interaction of others. (FFXIV, Ragnorak, Guild Wars 2) 2% of games

If it is a multiplayer game that I want quick access to when with friends and don't want to be carrying 100 game cards, then I want it digital. (Mario Kart, Smash Bros, 12 Switch, Mario Party, Jackbox, Morphies Law, Mortal Kombat, Undercooked) 25% of games *though if it is a personally impactful game like Smash or Mario Kart, I'll buy both physical and digital to future proof. 10% of games

If it is a small game like most indie titles or platformers that I will likely switch to and from quickly, then I want it digital. (Shovel Knight, Mega Man 11, Stardew Valley) 33% of games

Last edited by zygote - on 13 June 2019

Still almost exclusively physical. PC 100% digital, but 95% of all games I buy are for my consoles which I buy physical. All digital console stuff I buy are DLC or re-purchases of old games because of lack of physical backwards compatibility. If the next gen BC hype is to be believed those re-purchases should sharply decline.

This next gen may be the last 'physical' gen as some industry people have alluded, but that won't curb my almost exclusive purchase of the physical versions of games.

Last edited by dharh - on 13 June 2019

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

I'm probably 90-95% physical, 5-10% digital. I only buy digital if the game is like $5-$7 or less on sale.

Always physical unless the game is digital only.

I buy all AA/AAA games physical, and all indies digital.

I don't count Steam, I have too much stuff on there.

For consoles the majority of games are physical, with smaller releases and indie games digital (also virtual console).

I'm almost completely digital and have been since the later days of the PS3. I'm in the 0-10% bracket because the only time I buy physical games is when I consider the game to either be exceptional and feel the urge to have a physical copy, or in the case of crowdfunding. Even in those few cases, I still buy a digital copy for convenience.

I have also been into streaming for about 4 years now. I started a bit earlier, trying out OnLive (2012 ish) for a bit before PS Now launched in 2015 (UK) and I've kept up a subscription ever since, it works really well for me. I mostly use streaming for games I'm interested in but don't really care if I can't replay in 5 years. I also find it good for discovering new games which I might then buy when they are cheap. I would never be happy with a completely streamed future but if it ever comes to that, I won't walk away from games either. The truth is that despite how much I love old games, the number I return to regularly is low so I'll still get value from playing streamed games that may not exist in 10 years.

Last edited by Landale_Star - on 13 June 2019