By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How physical are you?

how physical are you?

0-10% 23 20.18%

11-20% 6 5.26%

21-30% 6 5.26%

31-40% 5 4.39%

41-50% 8 7.02%

51-60% 8 7.02%

61-70% 5 4.39%

71-80% 12 10.53%

81-90% 12 10.53%

91-100% 29 25.44%

Total:114

Probably like 90% physical.

Around the Network

85% Digital Purchase
10% Digital Subscription
5% Streaming

Went all digital in 2010.

Started playing digital via subscription with PS+ in 2010.

Added more digital via subscription with Games with Gold in 2013.

Started streaming from PlayStation Now in 2014.

Added more digital titles via subscription in 2018 through PlayStation Now and Xbox Game Pass.

Starting in Fall 2019 I will be adding subscriptions to Stadia Pro with the Stadia Founders Edition Bundle and Apple Arcade on AppleTV 4K.

I'm ready to game wherever great gaming experience take me. Windows, Xbox, PlayStation, PlayStation VR, Switch, Stadia, and iOS.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I have a followup question for those getting so many games physically, do you actually play games from generations earlier?
Why are you so hyped for remasters/remakes if thats the case?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

I have a followup question for those getting so many games physically, do you actually play games from generations earlier?
Why are you so hyped for remasters/remakes if thats the case?

1) Sure, I'm a PC retrogamer.
2) I'm hyped only if the new edition solves installation or compatibility problems of old games on relatively new PCs. Quite satisfied of recent mods of old games with scalable engines, anyway, as long as they don't make the framerate drop below 30fps on slower paced games and below 40, ideally 60 on faster ones.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

As Superman, I'm very physical. You should check my arms.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
Ayla said:
I'm 100% digital since about 2015.

Why? Convenience or don't care about collecting?

My question is for all of you 100% digital.

ARamdomGamer said:
Always physical unless the game is digital only.

Why? Care about collecting? Want to resell?

My question is for all of you 100% physical.

Cerebralbore101 said:
100% Physical with the exception of Indies.

I can't imagine why somebody would buy a $60 Switch game as digital. Nintendo games hold their value very well. Switch has a very small harddrive.

Yeah, in terms of Nintendo, I don't play Nintendo much. I'm only interested in a few titles. So later on, maybe in 4 years, I'm thinking about picking up a Switch with the few titles I want and then sell them all after playing it.

I had a Wii U and since there were just a few titles, I ended up buying everything digital for convenience sake. But now I feel that I lost the used sale money.

God bless You.

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:

ARamdomGamer said:
Always physical unless the game is digital only.

Why? Care about collecting? Want to resell?

My question is for all of you 100% physical.

More than anything, I like owning these products, I don't like the idea that someday a digital store may be shut down or a game gets taken down because licenses and not being able to get some of its digital only content without resorting to emulating.

Now sure, physical media may also fail someday, but I feel safer with that rather than with a digital copy.

I don't have a rule. It all depends on the game, franchise and price.

If I really trust the franchise, I usually buy digital whatever the price for convenience.

If I don't trust the game yet, like when pre-ordering a game that I don't know if I'll like it, I just buy physical, so I can return/re-sell.

When the game is discounted, I check both physical and digital prices. If it's too cheap on digital, I just go for digital. If it's cheap on both, but not really cheap on digital, I go for physical, so I can return/re-sell if I want.

Sometimes I buy both. I may pre-order physical and after checking that the game is brilliant, I just buy it again digital if the price gets discounted so I can have the convenience of not dealing with discs.

I don't give a damm about collecting, but I do buy physical once or twice a year because I liked the box art or maybe to get a collectors edition. But I rarely do that. I may have about 20 collected physical games bought in the last 15 years.

God bless You.

kirby007 said:

Instead of hoping the game would come earlier with the mail or actually going to a midnight launch and stand in a nerdline, no thank you.

I've met some great people standing in nerdline though. Whether it's waiting for the midnight release of a new movie, or a book, standing in nerdline is always a great experience. Just be prepared for that one guy that forgot what deodorant was.

Update 3 out of 80 less than 5%

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.