By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ok, E3 presentations are over. Who won?

Who won E3 2019?

EA 2 0.75%

Microsoft 19 7.17%

PC Gaming show 1 0.38%

Bethesda 4 1.51%

Square Enix 45 16.98%

Ubisoft 5 1.89%

Limited Run 0 0%

Devolver Digital 4 1.51%

Nintendo 173 65.28%

Other 12 4.53%

Total:265

Have to give it to the big N. There announcements plus Banjo Kazooie in smash is just wonderful.

Around the Network
twintail said:
trent44 said:

*chuckles*

Yea, Nintendo had the best presentation, pacing, actual gameplay, actual launch dates, etc.

Thinking about it, it was probably one of Nintendo's best directs overall.

I think you can find better directs that weren't comprised mostly of ports and remasters. 

Mostly ports and remasters???

Astral Chain

Dark Crystal

Pokemon

Breath of the Wild 2

Luigi's Mansion 3

Panzer Dragoon

Animal Crossing

Cadence of Hyrule

Contra 

Fire Emblem

Daemon X Machine

No More Heroes III

Seems to me there was plenty of new content to be excited about.  Now if you personally don't care for those above mentioned games, fair enough.  But acting as though most everything was a port or remaster seems misleading.  

Nintendo, nonstop game announcements, Collection of mana was a very pleasant surprise, The Witcher as well and that BOTW sequel was the cherry on top.

Chrkeller said:
twintail said:

I think you can find better directs that weren't comprised mostly of ports and remasters. 

Astral Chain

Dark Crystal

Pokemon

Breath of the Wild 2

Luigi's Mansion 3

Panzer Dragoon

Animal Crossing

Cadence of Hyrule

Contra 

Fire Emblem

Daemon X Machine

No More Heroes III

Seems to me there was plenty of new content to be excited about.  Now if you personally don't care for those above mentioned games, fair enough.  But acting as though most everything was a port or remaster seems misleading.  

The majority of those games were announced/shown at previous Nintendo directs/Conferences.  Just list the games that were newly announced for this E3.

twintail said:
d21lewis said:

Maybe. Personally I'm happy with ports, remasters, new stuff, old stuff, whatever. If it's a game I want to play and it's on the hardware I want it on, it's a win. There were several games that I can't wait to buy or buy again!

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with what you are saying. As long as something comes along that interests you that is great.

I just find it strange that an E3 based presentation primed around so much port/ remaster content is lauded as one of the greatest things to happen to E3. Honestly, that speaks volumes to me with how irrelevant E3 is becoming more than anything else tbqh.

But yeah, there is some good stuff coming to the Switch

Well it is better than spending half of it on Smash :p 

And we got awesome trailers and/or gameplay from Luigi Mansion 3, FE Three Houses, Astral Chain, NMH3, Animal Crossing New Horizons and Sequel to BOTW.  

Sure there was lots of ports and remaster but we cant ignore the games I mentioned above. And there is always something special when Switch gets ports compared to XB1 and PS4. And that is the portability function.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Chrkeller said:

Astral Chain

Dark Crystal

Pokemon

Breath of the Wild 2

Luigi's Mansion 3

Panzer Dragoon

Animal Crossing

Cadence of Hyrule

Contra 

Fire Emblem

Daemon X Machine

No More Heroes III

The majority of those games were announced/shown at previous Nintendo directs/Conferences.  Just list the games that were newly announced for this E3.

I would, but I don't see the sense in doing such.  Something like LM3 we knew was coming, but this was the first time we saw actual gameplay footage.  It was a very good E3 by Nintendo.  There is a lot of stuff coming, hence why I don't get the negativity.  In particular Astral Chain looks really good.  

Overall it seems like moving goalposts to me.  The original claim was everything was ports/remasters...  and now it is there weren't any surprises.  Which is funny, because BotW 2 was a surprise.  Same with NMHIII, Dark Crystal, Panzer.  Either way, the question is who had the best E3.  And it was Nintendo.  They had the most games, with the most release dates with the most gameplay demos.  It was a very nice E3.   

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 14 June 2019

Train wreck said:
Chrkeller said:

Astral Chain

Dark Crystal

Pokemon

Breath of the Wild 2

Luigi's Mansion 3

Panzer Dragoon

Animal Crossing

Cadence of Hyrule

Contra 

Fire Emblem

Daemon X Machine

No More Heroes III

Goal posts and so on, twintail wrote ports and remasters.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Chrkeller said:
Train wreck said:

I would, but I don't see the sense in doing such.  Something like LM3 we knew was coming, but this was the first time we saw actual gameplay footage.  It was a very good E3 by Nintendo.  There is a lot of stuff coming, hence why I don't get the negativity.  In particular Astral Chain looks really good.  

Overall it seems like moving goalposts to me.  The original claim was everything was ports/remasters...  and now it is there weren't any surprises.  Which is funny, because BotW 2 was a surprise.  Same with NMHIII, Dark Crystal, Panzer.  Either way, the question is who had the best E3.  And it was Nintendo.  They had the most games, with the most release dates with the most gameplay demos.  It was a very nice E3.   

I didn't claim anything to have a goal post moved. If and when TwinTail comments on your post would that apply.  I was just looking for a list of games from Nintendo's 2019 E3 that was not announced previously...which I was able to obtain myself.  

RolStoppable said:
Train wreck said:

I didn't claim anything to have a goal post moved. If and when TwinTail comments on your post would that apply.  I was just looking for a list of games from Nintendo's 2019 E3 that was not announced previously...which I was able to obtain myself.  

Number of people who believe your excuse: 0.

Your chances of ever being a mod: 0

gamers won, there was some awesome titles shown off that we'll all be playing over the next 2 years.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive