By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm on the Verge of Getting a Switch...

1. I have one dock and it is easy to just take 1 dock between 2 TVs because it is light to carry. That depends on:
- The HDMI cable is long enough for both TV.
- It allows you to save money for the dock and the Charger to plug it.

2. Yeah. They are not too expensive.

3. It depends on the games. If you (or your daughter's friends) will have 4 people playing on multiplayer games then YES you need it. Games like Minecraft doesnt allow you to play 1 Joycon.

4. Great Multiplayer games. And once again if you will have 3 or more people playing then you need 2 more joy cons.

5. Nothing from me here.

6. The big digital content that takes my space is the free2play games like Paladins. But thanks to the Cloud Service from Nintendo Online I can delete games that I havent played recently but the save data is still on the cloud. So that made me have plenty of spaces. Also im not a digital person.

Enjoy!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

cmon, save for a ps5

mods: it's a joking post, mind u

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I have barely needed a second pair of JoyCons. But that's because my cousin lives really nearby. When we play Super Mario Party, he has JoyCons too. So you probably want 2 JoyCons. Or if you know you're getting an extra dock and extra JoyCons anyway, maybe consider 2 Switches. That's only if you have plenty of money.

I would say get at least a 128GB microSD. If you know you're getting a ton of digital games (especially full retail games digitally) go for 200GB or 256GB. I have a 128 GB microSD and still have about 80 GB free.

I think you're at a good time to get a Switch. If you waited until the holiday season, there would be other huge games coming out. Your backlog would get even bigger!

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

COKTOE said:

2 docks for 2 TV's sounds good to me! Enjoy the new system. Have you ever thought about buying 2 Switch systems? - So you will both have access to one and won't have to share, as well as being able to play with each other more easily.

Actually, no.  But it's hard for me to justify $600 for two systems when I hardly have time to game on what I already have.  This is mainly why I keep push off on buying one.  But for now, it's going to be split screen on the television until getting a second Switch becomes a reality.

RolStoppable said:
1) If you buy another docking station, be sure to buy an official one from Nintendo. Third party docks don't provide the correct voltage and can kill the console over time.

3) A second set of Joy-Cons is only useful if you expect to play multiplayer with four people regularly. Otherwise, the purchase of a Pro Controller is more sensible, especially if you intend to use the console a lot to play games on a TV. The Pro Controller is more comfortable to hold than Joy-Cons with or without a Joy-Con grip.

6) Micro SD cards should only be purchased from reliable manufacturers such as Samsung and SanDisk. If you prefer to buy games physically, you won't need a micro SD card for a while because save games only need 10-100MB in the majority of cases. Prices for micro SD cards keep dropping over time, so managing to hold out literally pays off.

1) I normally try to stick with first party stuff.  But thanks on the insight on the voltage.

3) I can see us playing a fair amount of Mario Kart and ARMS.  More than likely, I'll buy steering wheels for Mario Kart.  Then, there is ARMS which I'll need another controller.  We'll go with the one set that comes with the console for now.

4) Physical games preferred so I can wait awhile until I buy an SD card.  But I might have a few spare from being an Android user.

Around the Network

@LivingMetal 

If I understand you correctly you are rewarding yourself for good parenting

Ka-pi96 said:
LivingMetal said:

The games that mainly interest her are Pokemon Go Eevee

My condolences.

It must suck to have a kid with poor taste in Pokemon. #PikachuFTW!

I will NOT justify that statement with a response, but let me just say that she wants Just Dance 2018.  I've done a pretty good job avoiding the subject since then.

Ganoncrotch said:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B074RNRM2B/ref=sr_1_3?crid=11C341MO7T7L&keywords=400gb+micro+sd&qid=1558017589&s=gateway&sprefix=400%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-3

This is what I use in my Switch, realistically if you buy one of these you won't have to ever worry about space unless you get 100 or so games digitally keep in mind that very few Switch games go over the 10GB mark most indie titles float around the 1GB point but that 400gb at time of linking is just 56sterling, that's cheaper than the 256GB card.

I was just thinking that my spare micro SD cards are obviously smaller in storage capacity than what's in my current cell phone which means 8GB or less.  I'll be buying a new BIGGER one, but it might be a while until I do.  I have to explore the downloadable options and think long term.

Dad's getting all hyped...daughter comes home....see's one B+ on the report card..... F$%@#%!! no switch!! T_T

jk jkkk!! That's awesome your kid is hitting all A's!

You should definitely get a 2nd set of joycon that's for sure. As for SD cards, well if you're buying all physical you may not need it (yet). I have a handful of Switch games and don't have an SD card for it yet. So no need to rush getting one if you feel you dont really need one yet until there's like a super amazing deal for one.

Please get Steamworld Dig 2 if you like Metroid. And Rocket League, since it's usually only $20. Pay the $20 for Switch Online and you'll get a decent library of throwback NES games. If you are interested in Mario Maker 2 (which you should be) they are offering a promotion which basically gets you the online service for $10 if you preorder the game.

No matter what there are hours and hours of joy awaiting both you and her, regardless of your gaming tastes. The Switch, outside of a Metroid game, has just about anything you'd want to play. Oh, there's also no Pikmin yet...or an Animal Crossing, but you get the idea.