By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm on the Verge of Getting a Switch...

I feel ill.

Around the Network

SanDisk microSD cards go on sale pretty often on Amazon.com, and you don't need one right away unless you plan to buy most your games digitally, so keep an eye out for that.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Wait on the new model then buy the blaster master zero games.

V-r0cK said:

Dad's getting all hyped...daughter comes home....see's one B+ on the report card..... F$%@#%!! no switch!! T_T

jk jkkk!! That's awesome your kid is hitting all A's!

You should definitely get a 2nd set of joycon that's for sure. As for SD cards, well if you're buying all physical you may not need it (yet). I have a handful of Switch games and don't have an SD card for it yet. So no need to rush getting one if you feel you dont really need one yet until there's like a super amazing deal for one.

True story here.

Every Friday, my daughter comes home with all the grades she made during the week for parental review.  I came home one Friday after work, and it looked like my daughter was about to break down in tears.  So I asked Mama:

Me: "What's wrong with her?  Did something happened?"

Mama: "When you said all As, did you mean every grade she makes or the 9 weeks?"

Me: "Just this 9 weeks."

Mama: "I tried to convince her of that, but she thought you meant every grade."

Me: "Why?  What happened?"

Mama: "She made an 84 on one of her math lessons."

Needless to say, I had to console my daughter and teach her the mathematical properties of averages to convince her that her 84 wasn't the end of the world.

Last edited by LivingMetal - on 17 May 2019

super_etecoon said:
If you are interested in Mario Maker 2 (which you should be) they are offering a promotion which basically gets you the online service for $10 if you preorder the game.

Neat, just checked amazon here in Japan. Sounds like a good deal.

The online service subscription does stack, right? (My son already has a 1-year sub, would be great if this can stack on one more year for less than $10.)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

I'm on the verge too but still waiting for a couple more games to drop.

When you do decide to get the SD card go BIG. Yeah it'll cost you a bit but it's worth it. I prefer physical over digital (own 22 games physically) and I still have 100GB of digital downloads on my system. I bought the San Disk 200GB card and it's been great. The ability to have all your games ready to go and not need to swap them out is something that even the PS4 can't manage. I wouldn't consider anything less than 128GB and if you can afford it and if your use would warrant it I'd go for that 400GB or 512GB card ow yeah!

Without reading any other posts, and assuming you're going portable whether you want to or not:

-Tempered glass screen protector
-decent carrying case

That's all you'll need for now. As time goes on, grab these as needed:
-Biggest memory card you can afford (better now than never)
-Pro controller
-Acer Battery Bank
-decent headphones
-third party stand