By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy VII Remake Teaser Trailer

DonFerrari said:

CGs were great, battle graphic was not that good. Tiffa looked gorgeous. Aeris as well.

Tifa? At what timestamp?

-------------------

I'm also in agreement with people who think this looks incredible but I have big reservations about the gameplay so far. I hate FFXV's combat and stuff like when you strike an enemy and a dozen numbers appear.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 10 May 2019

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
DonFerrari said:

CGs were great, battle graphic was not that good. Tiffa looked gorgeous. Aeris as well.

Tifa? At what timestamp?

-------------------

I'm also in agreement with people who think this looks incredible but I have big reservations about the gameplay so far. I hate FFXV's combat and stuff like when you strike an enemy and a dozen numbers appear.

Tifa I was going by memory of what have been show of her so far.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TranceformerFX said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Barret sounding like a big african american tough guy; is that really a problem? This criticism is borderline worse than IGN "Too much water"

Not every african american sound like mike tyson. ijs.

Mr. T Barret will never be given enough praise.

Pity da foo. Berret sounds like Mr. T foo!

Don't get me wrong; I think the voice acting sounds awful across the board - just like all the other Square Enix games. (not including ones they only published, like Dues Ex) But Barrets voice is laughably bad because of how stereotypical it is, and how it doesn't match his character.

I don't know who consists of Square Enix's localization department for when they hire voice talent for English speaking actors, but they all need to be fired.

Square Enix is a AAA studio with a AAA budget - we deserve better than "mediocre".

Nobody can tell me with a straight face

*snips*

Did you like play the original and read Barret's dialog? The dude has the persona of Mr. T. You know who is Mr. T is right?

Anyways I'm telling you with a straight face, the VO sounds on point. It's anime'ish, FF7 is anime'ish one just have to look at Cloud's hair. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but it is seriously misguided. As bad as IGN "Too much water" misguided.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 10 May 2019

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

So far looks pretty great I hope they can pull it off just like Capcom did with re2, my only worry is the combat, what’s with the turn base hate ?people prefer a boring action game than a engaging tactical combat

TruckOSaurus said:
DonFerrari said:

Tifa? At what timestamp?

-------------------

Still yet to see magic and the materia system, but I think the combat resembles more Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, and Kingdom Hearts.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Tifa? At what timestamp?

-------------------

Still yet to see magic and the materia system, but I think the combat resembles more Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, and Kingdom Hearts.

That's a dreadful thought. I don't want KH combat in FFVII.

Signature goes here!

Looks good at least from what was shown. I never expected the battles to be turn-based, so that doesn't bother me at all. It's hard to really say what the game is going to be like from the brief clips that were shown, so I'm still not going to say much else. Maybe there's gonna be a more comprehensive look at the game at E3.

Can't really say I'm a big fan of the battle system.

Upsetting.

Honestly I have no issue with the fighting system, in fact I liked it in in FFXV their were other issues in FFXV.

Bristow9091 said:

Yeah I understand what you're saying, but I also enjoyed playing Final Fantasy XV with the "Wait Mode", it came with its own pros and cons, but felt a little more strategical than just holding square with the occasional triangle press to win, lol. Also we still aren't sure what the battle system is yet, people are only assuming it's a copy of XV due to it being action based, whereas some are saying it either looks like, or they want it to be like Crisis Core, which I haven't actually played myself but I hear the battle system is very good, lol.

What I'd like to see in a future Final Fantasy game would be a battle system similar to how Valkyria Chronicles works, but if they're wanting it to feel more action packed I can understand why they'd go for whichever battle system they're currently using, lol.

Sure but the gameplay is the essence of any game, you can't say you are doing a new version of chess, make amazingly detailed pieces and a ivory board but you change the way you play, it's not chess. To lesser extent, if Tekken went to a 2d version it wouldn't work, wouldn't sell as well because it's not really the same, even if it is a fighting game.

I know we aren't sure what the gameplay is but where's the strategy in mash X until win? I want to take my time. Arrive in a battle, know I have to put up my barrier up, haste on. Try and manipulate a monster to see if they have any secret blue magiks (enemy kill), knowing that if I give my charactes Fury they might miss more often but they'll get their limit breaks quicker.

If this arrives and isn't ATB, isn't turn based then basically SquEnix has truely given up on turn based, the entire gameplay setup that built the entire series' success. It saddens me as a huge fan of FF that to me, they don't even want to make a Final Fantasy game anymore, you know, what they did for 30 years before it (FF15).

Hmm, pie.