By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy VII Remake Teaser Trailer

dane007 said:
Hope the combat is nothing like FFXV cause the essence of the original combat was to use materia, magic and summons. FFXV combat was just mashing one button for 50 hours 😂 . I hope its more like crisis core instead

It ISSSSSS Crisis Core. 

Around the Network
Xxain said:
dane007 said:
Hope the combat is nothing like FFXV cause the essence of the original combat was to use materia, magic and summons. FFXV combat was just mashing one button for 50 hours 😂 . I hope its more like crisis core instead

It ISSSSSS Crisis Core. 

Dont say that!!  I desperately want a Crisis Core HD remaster or remake bad!!!! It's just so good it shouldn't stay stuck on the PSP!! T_T

When will we see stuff from outside of Midgar?

haxxiy said:
Summerset said:

This.

Honestly in three years I would expect them to have had the first episode completed in full by now - the whole Midgar section up until the motorbike sequence at least. 

Aps is in the trailer, and that's in the sewers post Don Corneo. Like at least two thirds into the Midgar section.

You're right. I'm still not too confident though, Nomura seems to have management and ambition issues since quite some time.

The battle system is clearly being built off of Crisis Core. Clear as a day. It even has that annoying animation quirk where during chaining a attacks together, cloud does a bunch of fancy animations while staying completely in place.

Around the Network

I like the voice actors they used. Think they all suit their characters.

Well we didn't see much of the battle system but the little we saw it kinda looked like crap. I hopped that after Persona 5's success they'd just realise ppl like turn based and its just in their head that they need to make everythng action oriented.

I am with the majority in here. The graphics look AMAZING but......that combat system.....why ruin such a good thing they had with the original turn based combat system? Why why why......why must EVERYTHING be action based ugggghhhhhhh just annoys the heck out of me lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

think-man said:
I like the voice actors they used. Think they all suit their characters.

Are they not just hiring the guys from Advent Children back? Need me some Steve Blum Valentine.

Bristow9091 said:

I think it looks great, really can't wait to play it, and honestly don't mind if they use the Final Fantasy XV battle system, since despite what many of you seem to think, some people DO enjoy it, myself included lol... it looks cool and flashy, and maybe it'll finally give us the ability to feel like we're playing the fighting scenes from Advent Children, lol :P

It's not that the FFXV battle system was bad (although not played it as I want a turn based FF game, not mash until win). It's a matter of what the original was. Many want the game to feel like the original even if the graphics are turned up to 11. Without the smaller details of the ATB materia system, where the Weapons could be defeated by casting W-Summon and Knights of the Realm followed by Mimic and then you go make a cup of tea, then it won't be the same.

Case and point:

TheBlackNaruto said:
I am with the majority in here. The graphics look AMAZING but......that combat system.....why ruin such a good thing they had with the original turn based combat system? Why why why......why must EVERYTHING be action based ugggghhhhhhh just annoys the heck out of me lol.

Hmm, pie.

CGs were great, battle graphic was not that good. Tiffa looked gorgeous. Aeris as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."