By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2019 Plans Detailed - Nintendo Direct June 11th @9AM PT + Treehouse and Tournaments

Ooh gimme news on new Zelda and new pokegames.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:
Nice. Nintendo needs to bring it, because MS is going all out this year it seems.

Based on what?

The only thing I've seen is that Microsoft was asked about Sony's decision to skip E3 and what Microsoft will do this year. Their answer was that E3 is as big as it was before for them, meaning no change in comparison to previous years. Some people interpreted that message as Microsoft will do something bigger this time around, because the headlines of news articles/forum threads framed it that way, so that's probably how you got that impression.

"There was obviously some news about E3 back in the fall and we had a discussion internally of 'should we go big? Should we save some money? You know… what does that mean?'"

Spencer continued, noting that ultimately the team decided the curveball from Sony wasn't going to change Microsoft's plans.

"We just said 'No, we are going to do our thing. We’re going to go and be as big at E3 as we’ve ever been.' I love that opportunity to be with our fans and the industry."

-------------------------

I think the implication is that they were considering scaling back, but with Sony not being there they are going to go as big as usual (if not more). Certainly, I think Sony's decision will make Microsoft do more than they would have had Sony decided to present, but that's just my interpretation.

Source

Oh, that's gonna be great. People are going to complain so hard because we know most of the 2019 line-up already. "What? Only two new titles announced and nothing for 2020?"  

Btw, who will present the E3 Direct? Bowser? It has been Reggie all those years, so he's the logical heir, but I'm not sure if his body is ready already.

KLXVER said:
RolStoppable said:

Based on what?

The only thing I've seen is that Microsoft was asked about Sony's decision to skip E3 and what Microsoft will do this year. Their answer was that E3 is as big as it was before for them, meaning no change in comparison to previous years. Some people interpreted that message as Microsoft will do something bigger this time around, because the headlines of news articles/forum threads framed it that way, so that's probably how you got that impression.

Well Sony wont be there, so the big third party games will be on the MS stage.

How is that different from prior E3's? If anything it's MS who needs to bring out something as they've been getting plastered by the competition for the past 2 years even with big third parties on their stage.

Around the Network

Other than updates for Pokemon, Bayonetta 3, AC and Luigi's Mansion, I don't know what to expect. We might get a decent amount of 3rd party ports, considering it's about damn time some of them start getting their act together and put at the very least something there "ejem" Atlus "ejem".

One thing's for sure. With Sony skipping E3 and Microsoft shuffling their hardware strategy, Nintendo is going to hog all of the attention. Let's hope it's for the best.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Even if they decide to focus only in titles scheduled to come in 2019, there's a lot of content: Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain, Deamon X Machina, Luigi's Mansion 3, TLOZ: Link's Awakening, Pokemon Sword and Shield, and Animal Crossing. Add in there a couple of 3rd parties ports and we are good.

My guess is, if they decide to show a 2020 title, it would be Bayonetta 3, or delay one of the 2019 titles.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Darwinianevolution said:

Other than updates for Pokemon, Bayonetta 3, AC and Luigi's Mansion, I don't know what to expect. We might get a decent amount of 3rd party ports, considering it's about damn time some of them start getting their act together and put at the very least something there "ejem" Atlus "ejem".

One thing's for sure. With Sony skipping E3 and Microsoft shuffling their hardware strategy, Nintendo is going to hog all of the attention. Let's hope it's for the best.

The's also Astral Chains, LA Remake, Town, Marvel UA and Daemon X so they've got quite a bit to get through from what's already announced, the will probably be the usual one or two new announcements.

Wyrdness said:
KLXVER said:

Well Sony wont be there, so the big third party games will be on the MS stage.

How is that different from prior E3's? If anything it's MS who needs to bring out something as they've been getting plastered by the competition for the past 2 years even with big third parties on their stage.

I think we`ll see the next gen Xbox.

Really, really looking forward to seeing Animal Crossing. I'm afraid they'll saturate the Direct with Mario Maker 2, but I'm really just hoping for a well balanced presentation unlike last year. Please don't spend too much time on anything...that's what the Treehouse and game specific Directs are for.