By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2019 Plans Detailed - Nintendo Direct June 11th @9AM PT + Treehouse and Tournaments

Dulfite said:
Louie said:

Oh, that's gonna be great. People are going to complain so hard because we know most of the 2019 line-up already. "What? Only two new titles announced and nothing for 2020?"  

-------

Since we didn't get a late Spring direct, I'm actually expecting to see some more surprised than the usual E3 direct.

Last major directs before E3 each year:

In 2019, last major direct was February.

2018 - March

2017 - April and May

2016 - March or May, I can't tell for sure.

2015 - May and June

2014 - April and May

2013 - May

2012 - April

As should be obvious, Nintendo has been uncharacteristically quiet and non-direct with us this year. Therefore, I expect them to have a bigger E3 or a whole bunch of direct shortly after E3 this year (which they have also done in the past).

I do expect at least a Pokemon Direct in late May, but yeah, not many directs yet. Maybe they're saving up a lot for the E3 Direct, after the criticisms of last years for having one game totally dominate the show

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Dulfite said:

-------

Since we didn't get a late Spring direct, I'm actually expecting to see some more surprised than the usual E3 direct.

Last major directs before E3 each year:

In 2019, last major direct was February.

2018 - March

2017 - April and May

2016 - March or May, I can't tell for sure.

2015 - May and June

2014 - April and May

2013 - May

2012 - April

As should be obvious, Nintendo has been uncharacteristically quiet and non-direct with us this year. Therefore, I expect them to have a bigger E3 or a whole bunch of direct shortly after E3 this year (which they have also done in the past).

I do expect at least a Pokemon Direct in late May, but yeah, not many directs yet. Maybe they're saving up a lot for the E3 Direct, after the criticisms of last years for having one game totally dominate the show

I mean, they did still have quite a few announcements, regardless of how much time was spent on one game. Still, I expect them to push one or two major games per E3. Zelda and Odyssey 2017, Smash and Pokemon Let's Go 2018, 2019 will be Pokemon main game and Animal Crossing.

Dulfite said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I mean, they did still have quite a few announcements, regardless of how much time was spent on one game. Still, I expect them to push one or two major games per E3. Zelda and Odyssey 2017, Smash and Pokemon Let's Go 2018, 2019 will be Pokemon main game and Animal Crossing.

Yeah, I think so too, those 2 will most probably the main event. But far from the only showing from Nintendo.

I expect Town and SMT V to also get relatively big showings, plus gameplay from Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, trailers from Cadence of Hyrule, Grid: Autosport, Digimon: Survive, and Dragon Quest XI S. Link's Awakening will be pushed to the Treehouse, however.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Dulfite said:

Yeah, I think so too, those 2 will most probably the main event. But far from the only showing from Nintendo.

I expect Town and SMT V to also get relatively big showings, plus gameplay from Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, trailers from Cadence of Hyrule, Grid: Autosport, Digimon: Survive, and Dragon Quest XI S. Link's Awakening will be pushed to the Treehouse, however.

If they don't have time for LA in 3 direct, I don't think they will push it on Treehouse. People come in, leave, come back, and leave again during the lengthy treehouse streams and therefore miss things (I'm one of those people). I feel like the LA remake is to Nintendo fans as the FF7 remake is to Sony fans, and Nintendo knows this or they wouldn't have made it the final and hugely surprising announcement last direct. If it isn't at E3, it will get it's own focused direct later.

Hm, I want to see more FE Three Houses but the game comes out the month after E3 so maybe I don't need to see anymore. SMT V would be nice to see as well.

Around the Network

Looks like the leak was absolutely true. They just happened to translate the month wrong. Or maybe as the leaker was leaking he had a brain issue when the information came to him, and he wrote April instead of June.
Have faith in our Prophets my siblings! HAVE FAITH!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239829

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

With MM having a direct today my guess for E3ND is:

- Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Astral Chain
- Luigi's Mansion
- Daemon x Machina
- Second DLC Character for Ultimate
- Pokemon SW/SH
- Animal Crossing
- Bayonetta 3 (possibly)

Jumpin said:

Looks like the leak was absolutely true. They just happened to translate the month wrong. Or maybe as the leaker was leaking he had a brain issue when the information came to him, and he wrote April instead of June.
Have faith in our Prophets my siblings! HAVE FAITH!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239829

Please tell me you're kidding right