24 million 0 0%

25 million 1 9.09%

26 million 1 9.09%

27 million 0 0%

28 million 1 9.09%

29 million 0 0%

30+ million 8 72.73%

Total:11

I have a balance of all character types, although, the balance thing annoys me as I would prefer to have all snooty/cranky villagers and be able to generate all DIYs. I find most personality types a little boring.

Also, is the dialogue a little blander in this game than past games? I recall it being a little more colourful in the past. I suppose I could be wrong, it's been 6-7 years since I played an Animal Crossing game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Conversations to me are more bland and repetitive than previous iterations. Past versions were repetitive but not as much as this one. I've only had a few conversations where they actually made me laugh.

One would think it wouldn't be hard to take some of the funniest dialogues of previous versions and keep them or make it more varied. Like the villager should have humor dialogue that mixes it up with serious and other dialogues. They hardly ask any questions or allow me to tell them what I really like. They usually just ask about an alt character I have then only let me reply sure do or don't know. This should be the easiest part of the game to make. How hard is it to come up with text? Apparently it's fucking hard.

If anybody wants him, I"ll have Kid in boxes tomorrow. https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Kidd

Also, Yay! It's summer here in the Northern Hemisphere! Finally time to catch beetles, and fish for sharks! That's always been a better income activity than playing the stalk market.

Yes got a lot of sharks yesterday. The fins are smaller than previous iterations. At first I didn't even notice the dorsal fin till the second encounter.

Finally got goose to leave my island. Hopskin will be replacing him. Kind of weird how he appears to be a rubber rabbit tho

Around the Network

My favorite villager asked me to leave. He's Hamlet and also my starter along with Sylvia. I just don't want him to leave, but it's depressing to see his home just not improve. I know it's dumb but I feel sad imagining he will just disappear if no one ask him to move

I could just announce him on some discord server, I'm sure somebody could take him, but I wanted a Island I could visite him sometimes and maybe somewhere in the future maybe get him back again? (I know odds are against me, but I want to try)

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 04 June 2020

I recently got Rasher from one of my niece island. He talks a lot of trash about other villagers. He made fun of one of her neighbors houses saying he wouldn't want to live there yet his house is full of garbage items. Cracks me up

sethnintendo said:
Conversations to me are more bland and repetitive than previous iterations. Past versions were repetitive but not as much as this one. I've only had a few conversations where they actually made me laugh.

One would think it wouldn't be hard to take some of the funniest dialogues of previous versions and keep them or make it more varied. Like the villager should have humor dialogue that mixes it up with serious and other dialogues. They hardly ask any questions or allow me to tell them what I really like. They usually just ask about an alt character I have then only let me reply sure do or don't know. This should be the easiest part of the game to make. How hard is it to come up with text? Apparently it's fucking hard.

To be fair to the devs, dialogue in Animal Crossing is probably one of the largest jobs on the project, especially when you factor in localization. Another thing to consider is that dialogue quality takes a lot longer to assess than any other element of the game from a production standpoint. It takes much less time to asses the quality of code and art, and when there's a quality issue with functionality or dialogue, it's far more apparent than it is with flavour text. You can rough out code, rough out text, and rough out art - of those three things, the issues with the code and art are immediately apparent while the text requires much more examination, and if it is a large volume, it might take hours per character.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
sethnintendo said:

To be fair to the devs, dialogue in Animal Crossing is probably one of the largest jobs on the project, especially when you factor in localization. Another thing to consider is that dialogue quality takes a lot longer to assess than any other element of the game from a production standpoint. It takes much less time to asses the quality of code and art, and when there's a quality issue with functionality or dialogue, it's far more apparent than it is with flavour text. You can rough out code, rough out text, and rough out art - of those three things, the issues with the code and art are immediately apparent while the text requires much more examination, and if it is a large volume, it might take hours per character.

Yea I get your point.  Didn't really think about the difficulties of localization and when you have so much text in game it can take time.  We all know what bad translation looks like and I have yet to see anything like that except perhaps just bad jokes like when you catch sea bass C+ "joke".  Guy who did those jokes said it was originally C- but they changed to C+ to avoid negativity in game.  Still would have been bad joke. Weird how catching squid has two text variations yet the most common fish has only one.  I preferred the New Leaf line of not you again.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/even_the_man_who_wrote_animal_crossing_new_horizons_sea_bass_joke_is_tired_of_it

Finally got the blue roses. After 3 weeks of 3 to 4 hours a day gardening I can say that I finally have all hybrids! (well not really, still not having a purple tulip, but I'm working on it now)