By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Star Citizen. Finally someone calls a spade a spade. Scam.

Star citizen

Crowd funding disaster 23 43.40%

Crowd funding success 13 24.53%

There is still hope 8 15.09%

I have no dog in this fight 9 16.98%

Total:53

I feel like I've been hearing of this game for the longest time but haven't seen much of it to warrant it's near 8 year development time.

Around the Network

I wouldn't call it a scam because they probably invest almost all the money in the game development. It just seems too ambitious to ever get finished as a “normal“ game. Too much manpower for the less important stuff instead of finishing it first as decent game and improve it afterwards to something special.

Is it just me, or dude looks like an older, chubbier Elon Musk?

At least Tesla delivers real cars while they're burning investor money, though.

Two quote from that Forbes article: "Most of the people here helped to pay for the game’s development—on average, $200 each, although some backers have given thousands." and "$242 million has been contributed by about 1.1 million fans"

I really don't know how they got these numbers. Here are the real number from the RSI-page:

Probably "on average $ 97 each" wasn't clickbaity enough.

Saying it for awhile.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Conina said:

Two quote from that Forbes article: "Most of the people here helped to pay for the game’s development—on average, $200 each, although some backers have given thousands." and "$242 million has been contributed by about 1.1 million fans"

I really don't know how they got these numbers. Here are the real number from the RSI-page:

Probably "on average $ 97 each" wasn't clickbaity enough.

Don't ever treat video game journalism (Namely from Forbes) as attempting to do fact checking, honestly the game is improving constantly, which is more I can say about games releasing recently, that for some reason get to release glitch invested "finished" product. 

But, hasn't the game been playable like forever?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Wait, is it still not finished? How long have they taken already? How more do they need?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

on youtube, the video's title changed to "Not a scam"

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I don't understand why SC gets so much airtime whereas Elite Dangerous has already shipped and is pretty decent.