By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mortal Kombat 11 Switch gameplay

Looking at the video I dont understand why they were hesitant to show Switch footage.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Looking good.
It'll be interesting to see the Digital Foundry analysis. Without comparing, it seems the biggest differences appear to be in the backgrounds.

XD84 said:
Looking at the video I dont understand why they were hesitant to show Switch footage.

Since it doesn't appear to be delayed, I'm guessing they just wanted to make sure that people saw the best looking version, before releasing this trailer.

That makes sense. I look forward to see how this version will hold up against the others.

Hiku said:
XD84 said:

Since it doesn't appear to be delayed, I'm guessing they just wanted to make sure that people saw the best looking version, before releasing this trailer.

Yeah the version at PAX that they weren't allowed to show was said to be from an older build, so they likely didn't want people to judge it on the basis of a worse looking iteration.

Looks pretty good. This is the version I will go for then.

Some more footage, now full screen direct feed (added to OP)

(Deleted)

Apologies if this one goes down soon, apparently the embargo hasn't lifted yet so WB may strike it, and I'm heading off to bed in a minute.

EDIT: Aaaand it's gone, lolz. Dunno why they're so keen to keep it under wraps tbh, it looks like they've done a very good job on it.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 April 2019

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
pikashoe said:
Looks good, still on the fence about which version I'll get.

Why would you choose switch version over ps4 or xbox version? The only reason you would choose a switch version game over ps4 and xbox is portability but the pad on switch is awful when it comes to fighting games so i dont think you would play this game much portable 

I've never had any issues playing other fighters in portable mode. I don't play fighting games competitively, just for fun..

It looks a little bit blurry... but visual effects and graphics look great and it's 60fps. So... good port overall.

More direct feed surfacing. Gameplay starts around 4:42

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 April 2019

Here a bit of gameplay in handheld mode

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
curl-6 said:

More direct feed surfacing. Gameplay starts around 4:42

Looks kind of like 7th gen graphics, but that's fine. The character models and stages look good, but the texture quality is low. The resolution seems low given the pixels moving around and post processing creating a soft image on top of that.

I was playing MKX to try out the DLC characters and I'm annoyed by the softness of the image, I don't like post processing effects that make the image so blurry. With that said, I don't like how soft this Switch port looks. I'm gonna play this on Xbox One X, but I wouldn't mind having the Switch version after its like $20.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)