By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tetris knows Pro's D-Pad sucks

Do you have an issue with Pro's D-Pad?

Yes 10 32.26%

No 16 51.61%

What? 4 12.90%

I only play 3D 1 3.23%

Total:31

I think a few of you know of the D-Pad issue, maybe not? Nintendo just pushed out a patch for Tetris 99 version 1.2.0; fans have noticed a new win screen, a disclaimer before you play online, and hard drop settings. This last tweak is due to unwanted Up and Down inputs when pressing Left or Right on the D-Pad.

Source

Reference for the D-Pad issue:

http://www.ateijelo.com/blog/2017/07/12/effective-fix-switch-pro-controller-dpad-issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQUiXokUVeg

---

And here is the victory screen you will never see:

Last edited by TomaTito - on 05 April 2019

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

It's not just Nintendo. The whole industry just forgot how to make good d-pads.

The ds4 d pad is the best. I never find myself hitting the wrong direction by accident. nintendo and microsoft should use the dualshock d pad for their next controller

The X1 D-Pad is amazing. I much prefer it over the Switch version

twintail said:
OTBWY said:

haha no

Vita and PS4 have very good d pads

I wholly disagree. Vita d-pad is too clicky and the DS d-pad was never good. The gaps are super uncomfortable after long plays, you cannot deny that. Try comparing these two d-pads to let's say the Saturn d-pad or the SNES d-pad. It's so inferior it's not even funny.

Around the Network
twintail said:
OTBWY said:

haha no

Too bad Sony still can't make a decent controller.

~Edit~
User was contacted via PM for this comment.
He later acknowledged that he was partially joking. Please refer to his post on Page 3 before replying to this one.

~Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 03 April 2019

pikashoe said:
twintail said:

haha no

Too bad Sony still can't make a decent controller.

Wow.....

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

I don't know, I have the Xeno 2 Pro Controllar and the D-Pad works just fine to me. I play NES games with it and I felt nothing wrong.

Sony has the best D pad ATM hands down. I never have a problem with inputs and after playing Dragonball FighterZ on both Switch and PS4, it is clear which one is better.

I will say this though when it comes to fighting games. The Pro controller does not blister my thumbs after extended play. The Dualshock 4 does however, and it never fails...so there is that. Basically I will just flip flop based on how bad my blisters are. 😂

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

In the hierarchy of controllers, Switch Pro sits at the bottom. It goes something like this:

Switch < yelling voice commands at Kinect that it doesn't understand < bag of dog shit < DS4 < Xbone Elite