By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 12, March 18-24, 2019 (media create) - final week... not yet

TruckOSaurus said:
Does anyone know when we get Famitsu and Dengeki numbers? Are they released every week? On the same day?

I think Famitsu and Dengeki numbers are released on Thursday.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Damn. I am about to post the thread.
You should have waited. I am about to share some memorable stuff.
But it's okay.
End of an era.
Media create is been a great part of my life here.
I am still going to continur if dengeki and famitsu will post their numbers but it's reallt sad.

Only saw your post now. Damn. Good times huh? I think we argued a bit at times, and I even took some of the weekly threads. Was never the intention, but sometimes you were a bit late. Anyway, it was cool stuff and good work done by you. I love the Japan weekly numbers, cause they are so clear and well tracked. It truly is the best region when it comes to numbers. 

Cheers.

Sucks so much that MediaCreate is doing this. Truly the end of an era.

Hopefully Famitsu and Dengeki won't take the same route.

TruckOSaurus said:
Acevil said:

I think Famitsu is usually within the first few hours of media create lately and Dengeki is usually on Thursday.

So I'll still get my Wednesday numbers fix! Good!

Based on last week, it was 4 hours after, but usually it is sometime for Wednesday for us. 

Kerotan said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Doesn't change your prediction: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7819371

In that very same thread I said it could pass the ps3 if a mainline Monster Hunter lands on the ps4 and I thought Sony would at least be trying to get it.

So pre MH announcement I went with 9 to 10m and if it got Monster Hunter it could beat the ps3. Spot on from myself. Didn't predict everything exactly but I thought it could get 9-10m without MH and beat ps3 with it. 

"And it's in Sony's best interests.  A console with DQ11 + spin offs, FF15, KH3, FF7R, GTA 6 and a monster hunter mainline entry (shared with handheld)  + spin offs is going to do very well in Japan.  Couple with series like yakuza,  resident evil,  gran turismo,  Persona 5 etc etc and it really would have a chance at passing the ps3. 

Sony aren't dumb and their relationship with capcom has improved greatly.  I struggle to see them not getting in on the monster hunter action.  Only way of it not happening is if Nintendo pay big bucks for exclusivity"

So now even with MHW, still stand no chance to pass ps3, got it, done.

OK, about the topic, does anyone think PS4 will never ever (even with big price cut and big deals) pass Switch weekly sales number again?

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 28 March 2019

Around the Network
Valdney said:
Are we gonna get the weekly sales numbers from another source or this is it? No more weekly charts?

At worst, we could Switch to Famitsu, who also make weekly charts but who are thought to be slightly less precise. Still, minimally off beats nothing at all by a landslide.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Kerotan said:

In that very same thread I said it could pass the ps3 if a mainline Monster Hunter lands on the ps4 and I thought Sony would at least be trying to get it.

So pre MH announcement I went with 9 to 10m and if it got Monster Hunter it could beat the ps3. Spot on from myself. Didn't predict everything exactly but I thought it could get 9-10m without MH and beat ps3 with it. 

"And it's in Sony's best interests.  A console with DQ11 + spin offs, FF15, KH3, FF7R, GTA 6 and a monster hunter mainline entry (shared with handheld)  + spin offs is going to do very well in Japan.  Couple with series like yakuza,  resident evil,  gran turismo,  Persona 5 etc etc and it really would have a chance at passing the ps3. 

Sony aren't dumb and their relationship with capcom has improved greatly.  I struggle to see them not getting in on the monster hunter action.  Only way of it not happening is if Nintendo pay big bucks for exclusivity"

So now even with MHW, still stand no chance to pass ps3, got it, done.

OK, about the topic, does anyone think PS4 will never ever (even with big price cut and big deals) pass Switch weekly sales number again?

With that baseline of the Switch, that's gonna be tough now. Nothing big enough has been announced for the PS4 to be able to achieve that feat now. Not that it can't happen, but chances are getting slimmer by the week.

Switch has the portability factor which the japanese prefer over everything else and is bound to sell way better than ps4 in japan.

Nothing too special in switch 'crushing the ps4' in japan.

From what I have been reading this isn't the last week for Media Create? Next week is, but this is the last 4gamer media create.

Edit: Actually might have read it wrong. 

Last edited by Acevil - on 29 March 2019

Acevil said:

From what I have been reading this isn't the last week for Media Create? Next week is, but this is the last 4gamer media create.

Edit: Actually might have read it wrong. 

Next week onward, Media Create will no longer release their sales figures for free.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3