By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 12, March 18-24, 2019 (media create) - final week... not yet

56k without trying, and Smash winning the race against Splatoon 2 for the 3M mark

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

No, he can't.

I didnt think so.

It's a figure of speech. If you were around in 2014/15 this number was doubted by almost everybody except me. I took so much shit for saying 8m was the minimum and I'd hopes it would do 10m+. 

Pinkie_pie said:
Why does it have to end when ps4 is starting to gain momentum and slowly catching up to switchs baseline of 50k. Looks like switch wont be passing ps4 total in japan any time soon if ps4 baseline is around 35 to 40k

You have to know why PS4 gain a lot in the last couple weeks. It had Retail Sales + Lots of great selling games. It will go back to below 20k soon. Unless Sony does an official price cut. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:
It's quite fitting that the last ever mediacreate has the ps4 hitting the 8m milestone. Remember folks, 90% around here doubted that number. It beats the ps3 to 9m aligned too so can't wait for that. Rip.

Lol could you link me that 90% statistic?

it's trump statistics, make it up on the spot and stick with it ;)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

I didnt think so.

It's a figure of speech. If you were around in 2014/15 this number was doubted by almost everybody except me. I took so much shit for saying 8m was the minimum and I'd hopes it would do 10m+. 

So you can't provide he proof, got it.

Around the Network

Dark Souls 3: 210k
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: 158k
Bloodborne: 153k

Sekiro did a good job for a new IP, the perfect way to end Media Create with the release of this masterpiece and PS4 reaching the 8M milestone!
Thank you Media Create for making my Wednesday's more enjoyable for years, it was always a pleasure to see the weekly charts!

Kerotan said:
It's quite fitting that the last ever mediacreate has the ps4 hitting the 8m milestone. Remember folks, 90% around here doubted that number. It beats the ps3 to 9m aligned too so can't wait for that. Rip.

Wasn't your original projection 10 million?

Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

I didnt think so.

According to this poll ( http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=214889 ), 50% of people were in the 10m+ camp, 66% in the 8m+ camp.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 28 March 2019

Signature goes here!

Kresnik said:
RolStoppable said:

Has Gust even planned to make Lulua the start of a new trilogy? It's supposedly game 4 that follows up in the Arland trilogy (Rorona, Totori, Meruru), so that might be all it was ever supposed to be.

No, I'm just assuming since they haven't done a non-Atelier-trilogy since the PS2 era (even Mysterious that was something fans seemed to hate got three games). 

I guess nothing can be assumed about it given how it's selling in Japan these days though!

Atelier Nelke was a crossover/spin off game. So who knows what they'll be doing anymore. I'm just glad that it was able to beat Lydie and Suelle. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

PS4 battling hard even in its 6th year in a country that prefers portability over any other.

Sony could try and launch a portable PS4 that plays games at 720p, exclusively in japan. Japanese developers would support it and could be hugely successful.

Last edited by Geralt99 - on 28 March 2019