By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Conservatives are killing their own party... I do not understand their end game.

I haven't heard of any conservatives being the problem here.

Maybe at some point you'll have to seriously reconsider your definition of 'conservative', otherwise you'll continue to be perplexed by what's going on in the GOP.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

Conservatives are killing their own party... I do not understand their end game.

I haven't heard of any conservatives being the problem here.

Maybe at some point you'll have to seriously reconsider your definition of 'conservative', otherwise you'll continue to be perplexed by what's going on in the GOP.

Well we have a 2 party system, essentially.  And they aren't democrats.  

And the republicans just learned that letting the 20 crazy people control the 200+ people is a bad thing.

In essence the 20 people are going to put 222 republicans on the record.  Not only for the crazy stuff like "abolish the IRS" (which will take away a lot of jobs) but also replacing all the taxes that affect the rich people with a tax that hurts the poor and large families.

If you're for it you are taxing poor and large families (like say Christian families with 10+ kids etc).

If you're against it not only are you pissing off the crazy Qanons.. but now you are being painted as being "against tax breaks".

This will end political careers.  God love the crazies.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

I feel like the Fair Tax Act stuff is one of the most unserious proposals I've seen in Congress. It is patently ridiculous...

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

I feel like the Fair Tax Act stuff is one of the most unserious proposals I've seen in Congress. It is patently ridiculous...

It feels like retribution.  20 people are putting 200 other people on record.

They are either losing their crazy folk voter base (which will hurt them) or (as we saw from the midterms) lose their more "moderate" voters (which will hurt them even more).

Plus it forces out their tax stance.  There is nothing more brutal during a republican primary than the "I hate taxes more than you".

You are bound to love Earthbound.

sundin13 said:

Doesn't feel like the right word.

I think for a section of Republicans, it is pretty much their twisted dream. And they are absolutely serious about it.

On the other hand, I would expect a larger number of Republicans are going to vote for it, because they know it's not going to pass. They will use it to virtue signal to their donors, voters, etc despite knowing it's ludicrous. 

And hopefully there's a chunk that know it's nonsense and vote against it.  

30 minutes video, shows the incredible work Biden has been doing to bring manufacturing back and weaken China. There is a lot more actually for anyone who has an interest in this topic that isn't covered by this video. Biden will be better than Clinton and Obama combined just for his work on this, I certainly wasn't expecting any of it giving the friendly tone towards he had for China throughout his campaign. 

A lot of what is being discussed, including the negative impact of trade deals, was frowned upon not long ago, it's a shame politicians wait for problems to happen to start working a fix, but at least with Biden, we're getting a proper fix, on the other hand, Trump only diagnosed the problem and make it mainstream but did nothing to fix it. 

LurkerJ said:

30 minutes video, shows the incredible work Biden has been doing to bring manufacturing back and weaken China. There is a lot more actually for anyone who has an interest in this topic that isn't covered by this video. Biden will be better than Clinton and Obama combined just for his work on this, I certainly wasn't expecting any of it giving the friendly tone towards he had for China throughout his campaign. 

A lot of what is being discussed, including the negative impact of trade deals, was frowned upon not long ago, it's a shame politicians wait for problems to happen to start working a fix, but at least with Biden, we're getting a proper fix, on the other hand, Trump only diagnosed the problem and make it mainstream but did nothing to fix it. 

Biden understands that, like it or not, China is here to stay and that they are always going to be a large part of the world. With that said, I'm glad that he is working on solutions to fix the issues with US manufacturing and competitiveness that can be fixed, rather than just banging the drum of "China bad!" to stoke voter fear.  Trump was good at complaining, but not so good about actually addressing problems.

I didn't have high expectations of Biden, but he has done better than I expected. 

The hits just keep coming with Santos:

This guy is a complete and utter psychopath. Let's assign him to a bunch of committees.