Jumpin said:

I'm not American, but the one thing that really offends me about Trump is how he actively works to suppress information and freedom of speech.
The first amendment of the US constitution was to grant people freedom of speech and expression. If only one thing in the US constitution holds importance, it's that. It is not only the cornerstone of what America should be, but the cornerstone of what makes Western Civilization the greatest civilization in the history of Earth. In the last 200 years, we have become more free and more prosperous than any other civilization that has ever existed in the history of humanity. Every nation who has converted to our ideology has prospered, and every nation that still holds to old traditionalist and nationalistic values as their one truth and purpose has suffered.

Trumpism, fascism, and the last desperate attempts at censorship in the Eastern half of Europe that is occurring, these are NOT a movement toward a new age of conservatism, these are the last breaths of state enforced ignorance on our continents. 100 years from now, we will look back on them as missteps on the evolutionary path of society, not steps toward greatness.

Our civilization may not be the greatest there ever will be, we aren't perfect, but we have the mechanisms to seek out our imperfections rather than venerating them as great. Not the greatest there will ever be, but we are the greatest there ever was. The US had a sickness that turned feverish in 2014-2015 or so, and now in 2020 we'll see if it past, and they're willing to become a healthy Western country again, or if they're going to remain sick and continue to support the suppression of information because they fear challenge to their problems (it began right away, in the US, when Trump silenced the environmental scientists from letting the US know of the asteroid/supervolcano levels of damage they had been responsible for).

Jumpin, this is actually not well understood by most US citizens but perhaps not for why you think. This protection only applies in so much that the federal government cannot regulate your speech/expression nor punish for it.  It does not prevent a state, county, city or private enterprise from doing so. 

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Jumpin said:

I'm not American, but the one thing that really offends me about Trump is how he actively works to suppress information and freedom of speech.
The first amendment of the US constitution was to grant people freedom of speech and expression. If only one thing in the US constitution holds importance, it's that. It is not only the cornerstone of what America should be, but the cornerstone of what makes Western Civilization the greatest civilization in the history of Earth. In the last 200 years, we have become more free and more prosperous than any other civilization that has ever existed in the history of humanity. Every nation who has converted to our ideology has prospered, and every nation that still holds to old traditionalist and nationalistic values as their one truth and purpose has suffered.

Trumpism, fascism, and the last desperate attempts at censorship in the Eastern half of Europe that is occurring, these are NOT a movement toward a new age of conservatism, these are the last breaths of state enforced ignorance on our continents. 100 years from now, we will look back on them as missteps on the evolutionary path of society, not steps toward greatness.

Our civilization may not be the greatest there ever will be, we aren't perfect, but we have the mechanisms to seek out our imperfections rather than venerating them as great. Not the greatest there will ever be, but we are the greatest there ever was. The US had a sickness that turned feverish in 2014-2015 or so, and now in 2020 we'll see if it past, and they're willing to become a healthy Western country again, or if they're going to remain sick and continue to support the suppression of information because they fear challenge to their problems (it began right away, in the US, when Trump silenced the environmental scientists from letting the US know of the asteroid/supervolcano levels of damage they had been responsible for).

Jumpin, this is actually not well understood by most US citizens but perhaps not for why you think. This protection only applies in so much that the federal government cannot regulate your speech/expression nor punish for it.  It does not prevent a state, county, city or private enterprise from doing so. 

I question the amendments when so much people interpreted them differently,it's a bit like the bible.

Immersiveunreality said:
SpokenTruth said:

I question the amendments when so much people interpreted them differently,it's a bit like the bible.

This is actually an educational difference. The founding fathers wrote laws in a grammatical structure based on Latin.  The most commonly used structure in the Constitution is the ablative absolute. If I may give you a task, look up how an ablative absolute is structured and then re-read the second amendment. It becomes very clear when you understand the founders grammatical structure. Far less open to any form of interpretation.

The failure to easily understand today comes not from the founding fathers vagueness but rather their inability to foresee that Latin grammatical construction would cease to exist as a default course for advanced education.

Machiavellian said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yeah that seems to be enough to make him an obvious not fitted president for the USA.

Even when his opponent could also not be the best ever and that the more modern candidates never seem to a chance,but please no more Trump.

None of that stuff matter because the people that support Trump believe just as strong as you disbelieve he is doing a great job and that he is what the nation has needs.  I have a a bunch of Trump supporters who I know and see their post on Facebook all the time.  I have questioned them on these very subject and they have dismissed them all. They believe its the media fault that concentrate on all his negatives but never his positives.  They actually seem to blame everyone but Trump for anything which is a special gift he must have.  If only Eric was still around to bounce some stuff off and get one of those crazy analogies.

Care to tell us some positives? Because in 4 years I've been asking for an example and haven't gotten any real answers that weren't falsehoods, logical fallacies, or outright boasting about bad things he did. The fact that you're willing to excuse all these provably bad behaviours in order to continue to support him shows a lot about what you value and I sincerely hope you'll grow out of it or you'll be shown to be the minority and not have any real political sway in the future. 

I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Runa216 said:
Machiavellian said:

None of that stuff matter because the people that support Trump believe just as strong as you disbelieve he is doing a great job and that he is what the nation has needs.  I have a a bunch of Trump supporters who I know and see their post on Facebook all the time.  I have questioned them on these very subject and they have dismissed them all. They believe its the media fault that concentrate on all his negatives but never his positives.  They actually seem to blame everyone but Trump for anything which is a special gift he must have.  If only Eric was still around to bounce some stuff off and get one of those crazy analogies.

Care to tell us some positives? Because in 4 years I've been asking for an example and haven't gotten any real answers that weren't falsehoods, logical fallacies, or outright boasting about bad things he did. The fact that you're willing to excuse all these provably bad behaviours in order to continue to support him shows a lot about what you value and I sincerely hope you'll grow out of it or you'll be shown to be the minority and not have any real political sway in the future. 

Thinking about Trump gets you carried away a bit,read his comment again and notice he does not say anything in support of Trump.

Around the Network

Since the Dems winning in November is likely, and most feel Biden is a flawed candidate, what is the potential outcome in the next 4 years, how are the strongly left leaning youth and those that have had enough of the ineptitude of the Est Dems going to react over this time  

Krystal Ball explains what the Democratic party would look like under a potential Biden administration

Runa216 said:
Machiavellian said:

Don't bother or else he'll just call you a crybaby.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Warren or Harris as Biden's VP? The million dollar question still remains.

I'd still prefer the latter, but after the pathetic primaries thread we've had a few months ago, the former would warrant me some good laughs.

haxxiy said:

Warren or Harris as Biden's VP? The million dollar question still remains.

I'd still prefer the latter, but after the pathetic primaries thread we've had a few months ago, the former would warrant me some good laughs.

Both are a better fit as administration cabinet heads rather than as VP. Warren for the SEC and Harris in the DoJ.  Unfortunately either way it would reduce the Democratic senator count.

Worth careful consideration: mail-in ballots/election.

1 in 5 Ballots Rejected as Fraud Is Charged in NJ Main-In Election

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/06/26/1_in_5_ballots_rejected_as_fraud_is_charged_in_nj_mail-in_election_143551.html

July 2020 Articles:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/444305/goosebumps-dead-of-night-xone/ (Goosebumps Dead of Night Review - 3/10)