By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sundin13 said:
iron_megalith said:

The point I am saying is that there is context. To see someone arm themselves to defend their community is not surprising. In fact, it should have happened much sooner. I will not argue about the legality of the kid possessing firearms since I am not well versed with their laws but given the extremists plan to turn this into a warzone, I couldn't really care much at this point.

It wasn't his community. He came from out of state...

Funny you say that the "extremists plan to turn this into a warzone" when we have cops saying things like this:

"In June 2020, three Wilmington, North Carolina, police officers were fired when a routine audit of car camera recordings uncovered conversations in which the officers used racial epithets, criticized a magistrate and the police chief in frankly racist terms, and talked about shooting Black people, including a Black police officer. One officer said that he could not wait for a declaration of martial law so they could go out and “slaughter” Black people. He also announced his intent to buy an assault rifle in preparation for a civil war that would “wipe ’em off the [expletive] map.”"

Yeah, maybe we should do something about those extremists...

If that's true then that is evil and they must be punished. What do you want me to say? Is this a trick question?

With regards to him crossing state lines, he is not that from where he came from. But let's not allude from that, people claimed he is a murderer. How does this help that claim?

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
sundin13 said:

Funny you say that the "extremists plan to turn this into a warzone" when we have cops saying things like this:

"In June 2020, three Wilmington, North Carolina, police officers were fired when a routine audit of car camera recordings uncovered conversations in which the officers used racial epithets, criticized a magistrate and the police chief in frankly racist terms, and talked about shooting Black people, including a Black police officer. One officer said that he could not wait for a declaration of martial law so they could go out and “slaughter” Black people. He also announced his intent to buy an assault rifle in preparation for a civil war that would “wipe ’em off the [expletive] map.”"

If that's true then that is evil and they must be punished. What do you want me to say? Is this a trick question?

With regards to him crossing state lines, he is not that from where he came from.

I am saying that you are painting a picture of the protesters to criticize them, which aligns just as closely if not more closely with the police and the far right militia groups you are supporting. 

sundin13 said:
iron_megalith said:

With regards to him crossing state lines, he is not that from where he came from.

I am saying that you are painting a picture of the protesters to criticize them, which aligns just as closely if not more closely with the police and the far right militia groups you are supporting. 

Nah. What I care for are the people that did not deserve this suffering inflicted by those that claim they are suffering.

I love how a handful of you are more interested in trying to justify the use of lethal force in instances where it's not even remotely necessary rather than trying to get to the bottom of why lethal force is being used as much as it is.

Shouldn't you be trying to LIMIT the instances of institutional murder rather than justify it?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
I love how a handful of you are more interested in trying to justify the use of lethal force in instances where it's not even remotely necessary rather than trying to get to the bottom of why lethal force is being used as much as it is.

Shouldn't you be trying to LIMIT the instances of institutional murder rather than justify it?

Thread has gotten to the "murder apologists" phase.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
sundin13 said:

With regards to him crossing state lines, he is not that from where he came from. But let's not allude from that, people claimed he is a murderer. How does this help that claim?

You're the one that claimed "To see someone arm themselves to defend their community is not surprising". Kid came from out of state and killed two Kenosha residents. 

Torillian said:
iron_megalith said:

You're the one that claimed "To see someone arm themselves to defend their community is not surprising". Kid came from out of state and killed two Kenosha residents. 

And once again we ignored context. This game is really getting tiring.

So I'll just say this at this point since there's someone saying I'm a murder apologist. Don't care if someone bans me for this.

If it came to a point where someone unreasonably burns down my honest living that I have worked hard for decades for some "righteous cause" that they believe, I would either ask them to put a bullet to my head to finish the job or I put one in theirs.

Just because I'm left to live another day doesn't mean you didn't kill a part of me.

iron_megalith said:
Torillian said:

So I'll just say this at this point since there's someone saying I'm a murder apologist. Don't care if someone bans me for this.

If it came to a point where someone burns down my honest living that I have worked hard for decades for some "righteous cause" that they believe, I would either ask them to put a bullet to my head to finish the job or I put one in theirs.

Just because I'm left to live another day doesn't mean you didn't kill a part of me.

The context is we were talking about the killing in Kenosha and you said people are defending their communities. A shooting where a kid from another town (another state technically but we can ignore that because he didn't travel crazy far) came and shot two residents of Kenosha. If there's some other context that makes any god damn sense please share it. 

Here I'll help you out: "Yeah you're right the rhetoric of defending their communities doesn't actually apply to this instance"

Torillian said:
iron_megalith said:

If it came to a point where someone burns down my honest living that I have worked hard for decades for some "righteous cause" that they believe, I would either ask them to put a bullet to my head to finish the job or I put one in theirs.

The context is we were talking about the killing in Kenosha and you said people are defending their communities. A shooting where a kid from another town (another state technically but we can ignore that because he didn't travel crazy far) came and shot two residents of Kenosha. If there's some other context that makes any god damn sense please share it. 

Here I'll help you out: "Yeah you're right the rhetoric of defending their communities doesn't actually apply to this instance"

He's not the only one defending the place while carrying firearms. Regardless, I said it was debatable whether he should be there or not. Whether he had the right to defend that place or not, I will leave it up to the system to decide. The main reason I jumped in is because someone claimed it was murder when all the footage released shows he fired his gun out of self defense.

iron_megalith said:

The main reason I jumped in is because someone claimed it was murder when all the footage released shows he fired his gun out of self defense.

The police are claiming it was 1st degree murder and arrested him accordingly.