Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware March 9th 2019

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

No. New means new.

not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time.

already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time.

It fits the definition as it's a newly released game on Switch and it's a new game for the majority of Switch owners.

Making up arbitrary reasons why certain games dont count just makes you look ignorant.

The post you quoted says "major new releases". If your only response is to try to pass off a game more than 6 years old as new, you are simply wasting everybody's time.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 March 2019

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time.

already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time.

It fits the definition as it's a newly released game on Switch and it's a new game for the majority of Switch owners.

Making up arbitrary reasons why certain games dont count just makes you look ignorant.

The post you quoted says "major new releases". If your only response is to try to pass off a game more than 6 years old as new, you are simply wasting everybody's time.

It is a major new release, I literally  just gave you the actual definition of the word new and it fits the description.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

The post you quoted says "major new releases". If your only response is to try to pass off a game more than 6 years old as new, you are simply wasting everybody's time.

It is a major new release, I literally  just gave you the actual definition of the word new and it fits the description.

A definition largely irrelevant to the context of the post you quoted, which is clearly using the foremost distinction therein: "not existing before".



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

It is a major new release, I literally  just gave you the actual definition of the word new and it fits the description.

A definition largely irrelevant to the context of the post you quoted, which is clearly using the foremost distinction therein: "not existing before".

And it didnt exist before on the platform you are talking so it's a new release.

Edit: it also has New in the title



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

A definition largely irrelevant to the context of the post you quoted, which is clearly using the foremost distinction therein: "not existing before".

And it didnt exist before on the platform you are talking so it's a new release.

Edit: it also has New in the title

The universe doesn't begin and end within the library of the Switch though. The game itself has existed since 2012.

And lol, I was actually just thinking that. Still though, if we're gonna take names literally I'm gonna sue the mofo who sold me that hamburger yesterday, since not only did it not contain ham, but the pineapple it is was neither apple nor from a pine. The nerve! XD



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time.

already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time.

It fits the definition as it's a newly released game on Switch and it's a new game for the majority of Switch owners.

Making up arbitrary reasons why certain games dont count just makes you look ignorant.

The post you quoted says "major new releases". If your only response is to try to pass off a game more than 6 years old as new, you are simply wasting everybody's time.

Despite any definition, I'd say that being new on NSW is what matters, because nobody had a Wii U anyway. Wii U obscured all games that are now released on NSW.



God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Panicradio said:

PS4 selling at a very decent rate is quite impressive but moreso it is considering, that Sony hasn't made a big price cut yet, almost 5 1/2 years after launch. The last time I checked (I'm from Germany), the Pro bundle incl. RDR2 is at 435€, the Pro at 389€ and the PS4 slim at 299€.

Years ago, I bet on PS4 selling around 100 million units lifetime, but it seems like it could even reach 120-130 million lifetime sales easily, which is absolutely amazing.

It will easily, still selling for $299/399 and pulling more than 200K weekly. Never seen that 



Skeeuk said:
why are ps4 numbers so high its not even at 199 yet

Because Xone is Selling very low. People now realize that there isnt much getting a XOne now. 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

0D0 said:
curl-6 said:

The post you quoted says "major new releases". If your only response is to try to pass off a game more than 6 years old as new, you are simply wasting everybody's time.

Despite any definition, I'd say that being new on NSW is what matters, because nobody had a Wii U anyway. Wii U obscured all games that are now released on NSW.

Over 5 million people bought NSMBU on Wii U, that's more than most games can ever hope to sell, so it's not like "nobody bought it".

And even if hardly anyone did, that wouldn't change the fact that it was publicly available to own for over 6 years before it's re-release on Switch, so personally I'm still gonna stick with the definition of "new" as a game that hasn't seen release before at all.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Turns out there is still one more week of Media create left! 4gamer just decided to stop early for some reason