By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware March 9th 2019

MasonADC said:
If the ps4/Switch can maintain 200k over most of the summer, then that will be a very good result

That would be a really nice result, especially for the PS4, considering it's age and install base.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
MasonADC said:
If the ps4/Switch can maintain 200k over most of the summer, then that will be a very good result

If you askme the PS4 has no business still managing to maintain over 200k every week. None whatsoever..... that tells me a price drop to $199 will still do wonders for the platform. Also tells me that if it continues selling like this sony wouldn't do the price.

On another note..... pretty much a tie in NA.

More than a 10k difference is a tie?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Intrinsic said:
MasonADC said:

If you askme the PS4 has no business still managing to maintain over 200k every week. None whatsoever..... that tells me a price drop to $199 will still do wonders for the platform. Also tells me that if it continues selling like this sony wouldn't do the price.

Yeah, it really is insane. Makes me wonder if a price drop will actually do insane numbers, like who else is not willing to get a PS4 at the current price point/ holiday promotions. In Japan I sure it would be a big differences 

PS4 still going strong.💪💪

MasonADC said:
Intrinsic said:

Yeah, it really is insane. Makes me wonder if a price drop will actually do insane numbers, like who else is not willing to get a PS4 at the current price point/ holiday promotions. In Japan I sure it would be a big differences 

A holiday price drop would sell crazy amounts of PS4s.  There are many people who game a single gen behind just waiting for that 199 dollar price point.  They also have an entire generation of options at that point as well, and with digital becoming more of a thing, I do not see that trend letting up while consoles are still a thing.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Switch once again running on empty. From the end of March onward, things are gonna get spicy.

Japan still selling more Switches than all of Europe.  The two situations are like night and day.  Japan even sold 32k-ish PS4's which is pretty good for there.

North America is somewhere in the middle.  They like PS4 (and XB1), but sales are extremely healthy for Switch.  Japan has already had a sales explosion for Switch.  North America will have one soon, and it will be even significant than the one in Japan.  Europe will be last to get the Switch sales explosion.  Probably not until next year or 2021 the latest.

Intrinsic said:
MasonADC said:

Based on what?  The PS2 sold 16m units in 2006.  There aren't weekly sales for the PS2 on this site, but I'm sure it was pulling over 200k per week easily.  The Nintendo DS, which we do have weekly sales for on this site was pulling in over 300k most weeks of 2010, which is over 5 years after it's 2004 release.

Mandalore76 said:
Intrinsic said:

Based on what?  The PS2 sold 16m units in 2006.  There aren't weekly sales for the PS2 on this site, but I'm sure it was pulling over 200k per week easily.  The Nintendo DS, which we do have weekly sales for on this site was pulling in over 300k most weeks of 2010, which is over 5 years after it's 2004 release.

Those are the best selling consoles of all time. They had to have staying power 

Good number for a $299/399 console.