By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is everyone's Internet speed like? (In relation to Google Stadia being announced...)

What's your internet speed?

Less than 10mbps 15 11.19%

10-50 mbps 38 28.36%

50-100 mbps 35 26.12%

100-300 mbps 35 26.12%

300-900 mbps 7 5.22%

900+ mbps 4 2.99%

Total:134
BasilZero said:

So with Google Stadia announced, PSNow becoming bigger and Microsoft with its xCloud - and the apparent nature of the Streaming world with Netflix, etc.

What is your internet speed and stats?

--------

Mine for an example is....

I dont know whether if its my equipment that is messed up or there's something going wrong with my internet but I have Fiber internet from Windstream....

Company: Windstream
Type: Fiber
Download: 95
Upload: 95
Price: $60
No Cap

I know they say up to...but when I first got the service it was around 200 to 300 mbps for both download and upload - now...its like this hmm.

---

At my old home, with Comcast - my download was around 30 and upload was around 5  with a 1 TB Cap lol - was paying $50...

but, the server didn't wanna take my upload, it is 1GB DL & UL. for ~25$ a month (included in rent)
Sweden is awesome with bandwidth / cost

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network
John2290 said:

Switched to 4g now entirely. Off peak times Netflix will run smoothly in 4k, at peak times it can stay stable at 1440p with the odd jump up with weather effecting if it drops below that. I fall in the 10-50 but it rarely gets over 28 Mps. 12-28 would be the range with dips in certain whether conditions. Ps NOW ran well for ps3 games at off peak times but with lag and the odd stutter but terrible the peak 4 or 5 hours of the evening.

yeah, thats the only sad part about wireless, that it is prone to fluctuating. but 4G is well enough speed-wise and latency is usually only an issue in games pretty much.

what city are you staying in btw? i'm in the suburb of stockholm myself

vivster said:
Bandwidth means absolute shit for realtime applications. I can already hear the people with their 400mbps LTE modems complain about issues because of the lag spikes. And even your super 1Gbps fiber will not help you if you're using wifi.
The latency for streamed games is not at all comparable to the latency we have with locally played online games. Latency in streamed games affects input delay and as such effectively doubles your latency while playing. Short and smaller spikes will not be noticeable on local games because the game is using prediction, that is not possible when streaming video.

But while this sounds very dire I'm hopeful for its success due to 2 factors. Latency will improve significantly in the decades to come and the vast majority of gamers don't give 2 shits about quality or high fidelity.

if you don't know shit about how to manage a local wifi yes..
but the stuff you buy gets better all the time and crappy wifi's have started to go away since 802.11n standard and beyond.

But if you don't know why you should split your old devices that use old network standards from your newer devices then yes. then it probably doesn't matter what your WAN is capable of.
cause you screwed yourself on the wifi

100-200 mb/s down, 30mbps up and ~20ms ping on EU servers.
Enough for cloud gaming too bad no ISP in my country allows for more than 1TB per month ¯_(ツ)_/¯

They have been installing fiber cables in my and neighboring houses for months now. That's with AT&T and I use charter Spectrum with really not internet issues. I think I'll be fine the way it is now with Stadia, as long as it isn't super expensive. I'm highly interested in a Netflix like subscription model rather than purchases.

Around the Network

cable
400Mbps down (and I really get that 95% of the time)
40Mbps up
~15ms ping
no cap
50€/month

This is my Wifi. Is this good? Can I use PS Now with my internet? Which one is important for streaming?

50 mbps, both download and upload, optic fiber, no cap. Very rarely, though, something in the ISP glitches and the speed goes way, way up, like up to astounding 1 gbps. Just goes to show the infrastructure is there, I guess, if I decide to upgrade one day (mostly when they slash their prices).

I am very surprised to see many here having very high download-speeds, but then comparatively low upload-speeds

20mbs down, 2-5mbs up.
Downloads Steam games fast enough.