By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is everyone's Internet speed like? (In relation to Google Stadia being announced...)

What's your internet speed?

Less than 10mbps 15 11.19%

10-50 mbps 38 28.36%

50-100 mbps 35 26.12%

100-300 mbps 35 26.12%

300-900 mbps 7 5.22%

900+ mbps 4 2.99%

Total:134

heh, and it's supposed to be "up to 450Mbps". Not even close really. Still that's plenty fast enough for me, especially since it's wi-fi too!

Around the Network

somewhat interested, tbh

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Not very great

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

33Mbps down, 4.7Mbps up. This is enough to have 2 720p streams and then some.

The plan itself is $157 for the dsl for 40/5 down/up and the phone.  I'd probably be willing to and will in the future pay more for the 80/10 plan when I finally drop the land line.  I wish I could convince the family to drop cable with is now clocking $180.

Different test with speedtest.

Last edited by dharh - on 19 March 2019

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

cycycychris said:

Not very great

Something is wrong with your connection.  99.99% of residential connections will be asymmetrical with the download being multiple times faster than the upload.

What speeds are you paying for?

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network

40/4 but thats when im on the crapper taking a shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

cycycychris said:

Not very great

Faster than 53% of the US? Well relatively speaking yours is actually pretty decent then. But wow, the US must have some pretty bad internet around, I wonder if some people are still on dial up or something

Ka-pi96 said:
cycycychris said:

Not very great

Faster than 53% of the US? Well relatively speaking yours is actually pretty decent then. But wow, the US must have some pretty bad internet around, I wonder if some people are still on dial up or something

The early days of the Internet in the US focused on repurposing phone lines and phone line equipment and protocols. Mix that with a low density population and you get slow speeds.  And few not all ISPs have been good about migrating to more modern equipment and protocols.

This stands in stark contrast where smaller and poorer nations who build their Internet infrastructure from scratch used more modern equipment and hence have faster average speeds than the US despite inventing the damn thing.

So yes, some of that is still dial-up, some of up is DSL and some of it is cable but with old ass equipment.

SpokenTruth said:
cycycychris said:

Not very great

Something is wrong with your connection.  99.99% of residential connections will be asymmetrical with the download being multiple times faster than the upload.

Tbh, I don't know the internet package speeds. Its included in my rent, so I get what they buy. I constantly hear about how expensive it is, so I'd hope its a better plan.

All I know is that I got my cellphone service hella cheap through xfinity due to where I live having xfinity.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

cycycychris said:
SpokenTruth said:

Tbh, I don't know the internet package speeds. Its included in my rent, so I get what they buy. I constantly hear about how expensive it is, so I'd hope its a better plan.

All I know is that I got my cellphone service hella cheap through xfinity due to where I live having xfinity.

That sounds like your building manager is either lying or doesn't know what he's doing and got royally ripped off.  Density reduces costs.