By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is everyone's Internet speed like? (In relation to Google Stadia being announced...)

What's your internet speed?

Less than 10mbps 15 11.19%

10-50 mbps 38 28.36%

50-100 mbps 35 26.12%

100-300 mbps 35 26.12%

300-900 mbps 7 5.22%

900+ mbps 4 2.99%

Total:134

33Mbps down, 4.7Mbps up. This is enough to have 2 720p streams and then some.

The plan itself is $157 for the dsl for 40/5 down/up and the phone.  I'd probably be willing to and will in the future pay more for the 80/10 plan when I finally drop the land line.  I wish I could convince the family to drop cable with is now clocking $180.

Different test with speedtest.

Last edited by dharh - on 19 March 2019

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

40/4 but thats when im on the crapper taking a shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

In the middle of nowhere I get.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8125837581

Downloading a game right now at 1.4Mb/s!

Around the Network

And that costs me like $60/month.

That latency though........

Google needs more data centres.....

This connection is still new so I'm still skeptical until I reach the first year(which may or may not go down), but so far, no problem.

Paying around $43-44 (converted) monthly.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

SpokenTruth said:
Intrinsic said:

And that costs me like $60/month.

That latency though........

Google needs more data centres.....

The speed is viable for a very good stream but the latency would suck for action.  Try a different speed test host.  It might be that data center or their connection just sucks.

Yh.... funny enough when I ping to a different server.... like i type in miami or seattle which are both over 1000 miles away my latency is only like 24ms..... go figure.

Using netflix's Fast test... i get an unloaded latency of about 10ms, and loade of 24ms. My download drops to around 26Mbs though..... Still good enough for a 4k stream.

Last edited by Intrinsic - on 20 March 2019

14ms
55 mb down
8 mb up
Unlimited usage
£47 per month (about $62)

Works well for PS Now even with other internet usage, I'm interested to see how Stadia works for me. I couldn't take part in the beta since it was US only.

dun dun dun

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick