By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

^ Yup. Worrying so much about minor variances of SDEs is silly when counting SDEs is relevant only insofar as it determines final delegates, anything else is superfluous. The system doesn't allow popular vote to have power in it's own right, but SDEs also don't have power in their own right. It's practically certain it will be 11-11 TIE between Sanders and Butti for the delegates that count (with Warren picking up 5), and Sanders' popular vote win was clear all along. Anything else is irrelevant.

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/02/06/acronym-iowa-caucus-billionaire-alabama-disinformation/
Interesting thing is the billionaire donors linked to Acronym/Shadow and DNC/Biden/Butti also funded some shady tactics used in Alabama congressional election. That featured what was basically "false flag" black PR, framing opponent as using "Russian disinfo" against their candidate, when they were ones doing it (to cry victim). Of course when they get caught, it usually ends up being less impactful than original black PR. "Crying fire in theater" being a crime doesn't seem to apply in internet era. (or really when done by "establishment" interests in general)

Buttigieg himself being Naval Intelligence lieutenant doesn't inspire confidence in this regard, being backed by military and ICE security contractors. One interview piece I saw with him featured the weird detail that he kept map of Afghanistan's mineral resources on his living room wall. Just pure good intentions there. Of course another question is why he was involved in DNC's "anti-Bernie" meeting early on in campaign, when otherwise he was some nobody mayor of South Bend, IN. You don't have to personally dislike him to question what exactly qualified him to be there, or why he had somehow grabbed attention of top people in DNC etc.

Of course with it seeming almost certain to still be procedural 11-11 tie in national delegates and Sanders getting credibility with popular vote win, things look on up for him.

Personally I still see Sanders as critically flawed, but apparently his basic gestures of decent medical and other social standards threaten war budgets of imperial state. The material from "Integrity Initiative" British disinfo psyop that was leaked in last year or so showed they were directly hostile to such politics as threat to spartan war machine. One of those British intellgence agents was even "caught" infiltrating Sanders campaign (vs Clinton), although AFAIK no further details emerged and Sanders seemed to ignore it completely. (making mockery of DNC's "foreign meddling" hysteria)
I feel core message from all this is people shouldn't limit themselves to elite mediated procedural processes, or even Sander's own political instincts, but organize and agitate outside limits set by elite and institutional veto, without obligation to support global war and sanction-sieges (i.e. hegemony, formally "war" or not). The easiest response of elites is to concede slightly better deal, slightly better share of their loot, but that perpetuates their power over others, which is ultimate enemy.

Last edited by mutantsushi - on 06 February 2020

Around the Network

Six WOC leave Warren's NV campaign amid growing frustration over treatment of minorities.

"A half dozen women of color have departed Elizabeth Warren’s Nevada campaign in the run-up to the state’s caucuses with complaints of a toxic work environment in which minorities felt tokenized and senior leadership was at loggerheads.

The six staffers have left the roughly 70-person Nevada team since November, during a critical stretch of the race. Three of them said they felt marginalized by the campaign, a situation they said didn’t change or worsened after they took their concerns to their superiors or to human resources staff."

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/02/06/elizabeth-warren-campaign-nevada-111595

Yikes, at this point it doesn't look too good for Warren's NV presence.

tsogud said:
Should Warren drop out right now, and if so, who should she endorse?

She was third in Iowa. Yes, in media she is total overshadowed as her Iowa-result was more or less what was expected. But before she has to drop out, there are a lot others.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

tsogud said:

I don't see why she would drop out now, especially not after doing better than the polls suggested. And she has plenty of money in reserve to keep going.

Bennet and Deval will probably drop out soon, though. They never really got their platforms off the ground. Tulsi is also at risk if she's not gaining more momentum soon.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
tsogud said:

I don't see why she would drop out now, especially not after doing better than the polls suggested. And she has plenty of money in reserve to keep going.

Bennet and Deval will probably drop out soon, though. They never really got their platforms off the ground. Tulsi is also at risk if she's not gaining more momentum soon.

As I said before, I see Tulsi and Yang wait for New Hampshire, as they have decent polling there. But if they don't overachieve on their polling I see them drop out. Bennet and Deval - I don't know why they stick around. Warren is still in third, not a bad position to be. With Bidens drop and general doubts about Petes viability in more diverse states, she may even become second. So if I would be doing Warrens campaign, I would stick around and try to generate some spotlight.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Mnementh said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

As I said before, I see Tulsi and Yang wait for New Hampshire, as they have decent polling there. But if they don't overachieve on their polling I see them drop out. Bennet and Deval - I don't know why they stick around. Warren is still in third, not a bad position to be. With Bidens drop and general doubts about Petes viability in more diverse states, she may even become second. So if I would be doing Warrens campaign, I would stick around and try to generate some spotlight.

I left Yang out because he's quite successful in his fundraising, so he doesn't need to drop out as early. On the other hand, he apparently fired dozens on staffers after his results in Iowa were less than expected. But I agree with all the rest.

And Bloomberg is still rising fast in the national polls. Looks like he'll be the true final boss to beat for Bernie, no big bad wannabe like Biden or Dragon with an Agenda Buttigieg (damn, I think I spent to much time on TV Tropes ^^)

Bloomberg is a scumbag billionare that funded Republican re-election campaigns as recently as 2018.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/mike-bloomberg-2020-pat-toomey-brian-fitzpatrick-endorse-pennsylvania-politics-20191112.html

I swear to God, if we get a Republican vs another Republican I won't even bother voting.

Bloomberg has donated literally hundreds of millions of dollars to climate change and gun control initiatives, to compare him to your average Republican is inane. Try to picture Trump or the Koch brothers doing the same.

In the European Union, he would be your typical ALDE party member.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
tsogud said:

Tulsi is basically done. Thankfully New Hampshire is coming up and she's apparently got a strong presence/support there. Making some noise there might give her a spark of life to go on for a bit longer, but if she doesn't get a delegate there it's basically over. Just doesn't have enough support/exposure, and the party simply does not like her. I'm quite sure establishment Dems would rather stick with Trump than take their chances with a rogue progressive who cannot be controlled like Tulsi.

My mentality at this point is to support her second hand through supporting Bernie, as I think it's likely Bernie would have Tulsi in his cabinet, maybe even as VP or Secretary of State. It's his coattails you want to ride as a Tulsi fan (and largely the case for Yang too). Even if he doesn't give her a position, they're clearly allies and would support eachother. I still think whatever happens she has a very bright future ahead.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden