By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name a game you hated to see end...

Tagged games:

The_Liquid_Laser said: 

And the very best example is...
The O.G. Legend of Zelda -  I remember the first time I beat this game, I realized that I had just played perfection in gaming form.  It simply had fantastic exploration and combat and most of all freedom.  I realized that the game truely was worthy of the golden box and cartridge.  After I beat Ganon and went to save the princess I felt both a sense of great satisfaction and great sadness.  I had just played the most perfect game ever made and now it was over.  As the credits rolled, I wished that it wasn't over, that somehow I could keep playing this amazing game.  And then a very magical thing happened.... 

My wish came true!  They gave me a whole another second quest with the same magnitude as the first.  In fact, the second quest seemed bigger, because it definitely took me longer to beat it than the original, lol.  It's the one game where I wished it wouldn't end and it actually didn't.  It didn't rely on just replayability or post-game content.  It gave me a whole another quest just like the first one.  That is one of the many reasons why I consider the O.G. Zelda, the greatest game of all time!

Hold up. The original Legend of Zelda has an entire second campaign???? I've never heard this talked about in reviews and such. That's pretty cool! Was it just a master mode, or an actual new quest?

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
Mario Odyseey is certainly a game I was sad when i stopped getting new worlds to explore :(

Xenoblade 2 has such a good story and group of characters that I was kind of sad when it ended.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, cause this is the best platformer ever made!

Rayman Legends, this game is amazing when I played it with my roommate, sad it was kind of a short game.

I don't see Bayonetta on this list?

FFX. I have replayed the whole game so many times its insane. Specially when you consider how long it is and how little replay value it has.

Both red dead redemption games

Wizardy 8. Knowing that the game got finished after it's developer and publisher Sir-Tech bankrupted and that the final save will never be used just tears my heart. It's such a great game and really would have merited more than dying with the company. This is also true in a meta sense, whenever leaving the game, as GOG has the north american version, which displays an ad when leaving the game, included just to be able to finish the game.

Abobo's Big Adventure. Is there any bigger way to celebrate the NES? I'm always sad after a playtrough, reminding me of the fun I had with my NES... For anybody who wants to see it, it's free: http://abobosbigadventure.com/

Around the Network

Halo 2, I was legit expecting more playing but then the credits started to roll and it made me sad it was over.

Ni no kuni series and Witcher 3 for me

Well, I was a bit disappointed to see Kid Icarus:Uprising ending after 9 levels.

Spoiler!
To my surprise these end credits were just interrupted for a lot more pretty great levels.

Katamari Damacy was a bit on the short side, although admittedly this last level to make the moon is just outright awesomeness and the end credits are fun too.

With Zelda:BOTW I kept avoiding going to Ganon, because I didn't wanted the game to end.

Monkey Island 2, because it was a great game, but I hated this ending.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Breath of the Wild. Definitely. And all Xenoblade games.

The original mass effect - suprise after suprise discoveries it felt so new and fresh.
Horizon zero dawn - felt like gears of war an amazing rolleecoasterride but too short
Mario 64 - because the scrapped 30% of the game due to cartridge

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.