By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sword and Shield coming late 2019 worldwide

soo excited for this one... they had like 2 years and a half since pokemon sun/moon... do u think its enough to make something big? gf rly needs to step up

Around the Network

How different is this game gonna be though. Just the same ol same ol not to mention the new Pokemon designs have got considerably worse. Need I remind people of the infamous keychain Pokemon lol. Just ridiculous.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

zorg1000 said:
Wyrdness said:
Wonder if they carry on the recent trend of giving the starters a certain theme to them for example X/Y they had the rpg class theme of Mage, Knight and Ninja.

What was the Sun/Moon theme?

Looking at the third stages SuMo seemed to go for each character being a certain archetype, Grass = Robin hood style rogue, Fire = Pure braun wrestler, Water = Maiden but that's just my take as it's certainly a bit more open for interpretation.

shikamaru317 said:
Wyrdness said:
Wonder if they carry on the recent trend of giving the starters a certain theme to them for example X/Y they had the rpg class theme of Mage, Knight and Ninja.

Gen 5 kind of had a theme as well, with Samurott and Emboar being based on Japanese Samurai and Chinese Warriors respectively. 

Yeah I just checked Gen 5 had a theme with famous historic Eastern figures like Scholars, Warriors etc...

alternine said:

How different is this game gonna be though. Just the same ol same ol not to mention the new Pokemon designs have got considerably worse. Need I remind people of the infamous keychain Pokemon lol. Just ridiculous.

Pokemon designs are always going to be a hit and miss but Klefki wasn't THAT bad. I don't have a problem with ghost type Pokemon inhabiting real life objects.

My interest and hype for Pokemon died down significantly though but I'm still curious on whats next. I just want them to start buffing Pokemon they knowingly gave bad stats too *glares at Pyoroar* and to put a difficult setting. I wish the games went back to the content HG/SS had.

alternine said:

The newer designs are way better than the older ones and it isn’t even close

Around the Network
alternine said:

Need I remind people of the magnet with an eye on it, and a bunch of broken eggs. lol. Just ridiculous.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
alternine said:

Need I remind people of the magnet with an eye on it, and a bunch of broken eggs. lol. Just ridiculous.

Not only are they a bunch of eggs, they are a bunch of eggs that turn into a tree lol

Also the pile of sludge that turns into a bigger pile of sludge, a pedophile clown, a drag queen wearing blackface, etc.

I prefer the older gens but they had their fair share of lame designs.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

alternine said:

Every generation has had both good and bad designs, gen 1 had a god damn pokeball as a Pokemon.

I'm really hoping for a Water/Poison platypus starter (and just good starters in general).

A mystery dungeon being announced alongside the main titles in the direct would make it the best direct ever for me

shikamaru317 said:
Man I really hope that Gen 8 at least comes close to living up to my expectations. Please don't look like Let's Go, please don't look like Let's Go!

As you wish, it will look a lot worse than Let Go