By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sword and Shield coming late 2019 worldwide

mZuzek said:
John19 said:

King Zell is probably the most reliable leaker there is

It's exactly because of this that the "most reliable" leakers are never the most reliable.

I mean, afaik he has been completely accurate about everything he has said, so there's really no reason to doubt him

Around the Network
StarDoor said:
xMetroid said:
Pretty exciting new, going in with REALLY LOW expectations. I know how lazy gamefreak can be and the latest reports of the game being like not ambitious at all are scaring me.

So like, i'm expecting something like sun and moon but in HD so basically Let's go but with a new map and main franchise mechanics.
Hopefully we get some new rpg elements or something..

My dream would be to have a game with the perspective of Botw or like X/Y when you are in the streets.

Wait, what reports are you talking about?

Didn't the director of the game say to lower our expectations or something ? 

I mean it depends, they apparently spent a lot of times on the game. Pretty sure they were working on it while US/UM and let's go were in the making. 

Also, isn't weird that the King and Queen thing leaked couple of days ago and now we have a direct coming.. maybe it is the title. 

they might only show the names of the games like they did in the sun and moon direct in 2016 so don't get your hopes up

Last edited by Roma - on 26 February 2019

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Wonder if they carry on the recent trend of giving the starters a certain theme to them for example X/Y they had the rpg class theme of Mage, Knight and Ninja.

It's not going to be like the SuMo announcement. The only reason that got revealed like that was because they decided to tack it onto what was really a 20th anniversary celebration of the franchise vid. I'd expect it to be far more like the X/Y reveal, where we got a brief trailer that highlighted the starters and the mascots.

Around the Network

Eh. I'm looking forward to it, but not super hyped by any means.

I just hope it's a significant graphical leap and not just an HD resolution of SuMo like LG are.

Wyrdness said:
Wonder if they carry on the recent trend of giving the starters a certain theme to them for example X/Y they had the rpg class theme of Mage, Knight and Ninja.

What was the Sun/Moon theme?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Wyrdness said:

What was the Sun/Moon theme?

To me Sun/Moon's starter theme felt like the circus.

edit: for example, popplio is the seal that balances balls, litten is the cat that jumps through fire hoops, and Rowlet is the bird that does tricks? That's only my understanding, tho.

edit2: Rowlet would be the ringmaster, with the bow tie and all.

Last edited by flashfire926 - on 26 February 2019

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I'll be watching for sure.