By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sword and Shield coming late 2019 worldwide

mZuzek said:
MasonADC said:

The only credible source I know is that King Zell said that GF(or nintendo) called this the BoTW of Pokémon 

"The BotW of X" really is the new "It's like Dark Souls".

Yeah, to be fair I’m sure he meant as an evolution of the series 

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Funny seeing people say 7 minutes is not long enough and seeing people in old directs complaining if they spend more than 30 seconds on a game. Like god forbid they spent like 5 minutes on Fire Emblem in a direct that has Fire Emblem in it subtitle.

You're comparing a direct that's literally only about Pokemon (an entire generation, no less) and made specifically for one audience with directs that are made for everybody. Of course you're going to hear bitching about games that some people don't find interesting in a direct that is supposed to be for everybody. 

This is just a fallacy. 

I haven't heard many people bitching about the fact that Fire Emblem got a spotlight anyways - I have heard a lot of people say it doesn't look like a good game though. I guess that's besides the point. It was a lot worse when Smash took up 25 minutes of an E3 direct. 

Flilix said:
shikamaru317 said:

Don't know about mascots, those are usually brand new Legendary Pokemon, but if they ever do a Pokemon Plus and Minus, I would hope that Minun and Plusle would either get evolved forms or regional variants at the very least. 

There are way too many legendaries already. They don't feel very 'legendary' anymore. Wouldn't it be cool if the almighty creature you have to fight and capture was a cute little rodent?

This gave me a new appreciation for legendaries, as seeing a hierarchy is important.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-google&ei=JrJ1XN2NF8eQsAXQ6bKYBQ&q=legendary+pokemon+chart+hierarchy&oq=legendary+pokemon+chart+hier&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.33i22i29i30j33i160.6242.7131..7797...0.0..0.166.690.0j5......0....1.........0i71j0j0i22i30.O3zOpMs0Jkw#imgrc=5P_48Q7I2azKaM:

Finally we are going to see how the new mainline Pokemon is going to look like.Maybe we wont get a gameplay video, but Im fairly sure we will at least get footage of the game itself.Hopefully Gamefreak actually tries to push the franchise foward and we get a game that, while not as ambitious as BOTW or Odyssey, looks like Gamefreak is actually trying to push the limits, and not just playing it safe.

I do think that we will be getting a second pokemon game out of this direct, and I have weird feeling that its going to be Detective Pikachu related, but Im not putting too much faith into that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

mZuzek said:
MasonADC said:

I think he most likely meant "I'm making this shit up".

King Zell is probably the most reliable leaker there is

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
MasonADC said:

I think he most likely meant "I'm making this shit up".

I don’t have a reason to doubt what he says yet

The real question here is will the fire starter will actually have a quadrupedal final form again?

shikamaru317 said:
Nautilus said:
Finally we are going to see how the new mainline Pokemon is going to look like.Maybe we wont get a gameplay video, but Im fairly sure we will at least get footage of the game itself.Hopefully Gamefreak actually tries to push the franchise foward and we get a game that, while not as ambitious as BOTW or Odyssey, looks like Gamefreak is actually trying to push the limits, and not just playing it safe.

I do think that we will be getting a second pokemon game out of this direct, and I have weird feeling that its going to be Detective Pikachu related, but Im not putting too much faith into that.

If there is a 2nd new Pokemon game announced, I would expect a Mystery Dungeon game, afterall the last one was Super Mystery Dungeon nearly 4 years ago. 

Maybe, but I just feel that the timing is too perfect with Detective Pikachu trailer.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Finale said:
The real question here is will the fire starter will actually have a quadrupedal final form again?

Again? When was the first?

OMG finally

My body is ready