By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sword and Shield coming late 2019 worldwide

flashfire926 said:

Nice to see they actually improved the animations some, just not nearly as much as I wanted them to.



Around the Network

https://youtu.be/uPFUzfck4oI

A look at how the game has changed graphically from Lets Go. Basically the environments see a huge improvement while models see extremely minor changes and are basically the same as they've been since X and Y. There are also some improved effects and camera tricks in the battles, but those are fairly minor.



flashfire926 said:

I just hope they work on the textures of the environments. The characters and Pokemon look fine. But the atmosphere of the game makes up too much for the lack of texture quality if you look at the trailer.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
flashfire926 said:

I just hope they work on the textures of the environments. The characters and Pokemon look fine. But the atmosphere of the game makes up too much for the lack of texture quality if you look at the trailer.

I agree, textures could be way better. Well, they have a few months, so hopefully we some improvements in that area as well, though I'm not holding my breath.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Thankfully the artstyle has drastically improved from Let's Go, ditching that fake plasticy look.


Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Nautilus said:

Its not a matter of being unlikely or not, its what people wanted out of the game.

And even then, since when its wrong to expect pokemon to look as good as most Switch games, or to have it ditch archaic mechanisms as random encounters?

The random encounters I can agree with, but looking as good as other switch games? There was never a chance with that 

I understand from where you are comming from, but if anyone comes to me and tries to convince me that Im wrong to expect more out of Pokemon, just because Gamefreak is lazy with the franchise, then Ill always disagree with him.Just because something has a history of being mediocre(with its ambition), dosent mean that I shouldnt expect more.

If you truly believe this is good, then ok, Im happy for you.But if you think this is good simply because you have grown accoustomed for Pokemon to never look quite good, then with all due respect, Gamefreak managed to brainwash you.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
MasonADC said:

The random encounters I can agree with, but looking as good as other switch games? There was never a chance with that 

I understand from where you are comming from, but if anyone comes to me and tries to convince me that Im wrong to expect more out of Pokemon, just because Gamefreak is lazy with the franchise, then Ill always disagree with him.Just because something has a history of being mediocre(with its ambition), dosent mean that I shouldnt expect more.

If you truly believe this is good, then ok, Im happy for you.But if you think this is good simply because you have grown accoustomed for Pokemon to never look quite good, then with all due respect, Gamefreak managed to brainwash you.

There is no brainwash. There is just no reason to expect more. This game has only been in the works for 3 years when it releases, all while they have had other big games being developed. I know what to expect from this+ GF just now starting Hd Devlopement. If this game came out late 2021, then we would have an issue 



MasonADC said:

The only credible source I know is that King Zell said that GF(or nintendo) called this the BoTW of Pokémon 

mZuzek said:

I think he most likely meant "I'm making this shit up".

John19 said:

King Zell is probably the most reliable leaker there is

MasonADC said:

I don’t have a reason to doubt what he says yet

mZuzek said:

It's exactly because of this that the "most reliable" leakers are never the most reliable.



mZuzek said:
MasonADC said:

The only credible source I know is that King Zell said that GF(or nintendo) called this the BoTW of Pokémon 

mZuzek said:

I think he most likely meant "I'm making this shit up".

John19 said:

King Zell is probably the most reliable leaker there is

MasonADC said:

I don’t have a reason to doubt what he says yet

mZuzek said:

It's exactly because of this that the "most reliable" leakers are never the most reliable.

Did you miss the part about GF challenging themselves to try new things 



MasonADC said:
mZuzek said:

Did you miss the part about GF challenging themselves to try new things 

Let's be honest .... you kinda rekted yourself