By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best motion controls on Wii

Which game (or games) on Nintendo's 7th gen system had the best motion and/or pointer controls in your opinion?

Around the Network

the conduit for its depth of customization and red steel 2 for how good it felt. After tweeking with the controls of both games it felt completely natural shooting in the conduit and sword fighting in red steel 2. I did really dig archery in skyward sword. For racing, the controls in excite truck were really good.
Seriously though, metroid trilogy should've adopted the conduit customization. Being able to adjust the dead zone was so key to an enjoyable fps motion control experience.

Wii Sport/Wii Sports Resort

House of the Dead: Overkill for best pointer controls

CarcharodonKraz said:
the conduit for its depth of customization and red steel 2 for how good it felt. After tweeking with the controls of both games it felt completely natural shooting in the conduit and sword fighting in red steel 2. I did really dig archery in skyward sword. For racing, the controls in excite truck were really good.
Seriously though, metroid trilogy should've adopted the conduit customization. Being able to adjust the dead zone was so key to an enjoyable fps motion control experience.

As great as The Conduit felt, I still think the Wiimote controls in the Prime Trilogy felt fantastic. They may not have been as customizable but their predefined settings were well judged and the silky 60fps made aiming an effortless joy, IMO anyway.

Definitely agree on Red Steel 2, of all the games on Wii I felt it was one of the very closest to realizing the full potential of the Wiimote, combat just felt so incredibly satisfying and visceral.

Godfather was pretty damn good. Then somehow EA lost ability to code for the remote and reverted to waggle lol

Around the Network

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Godfather was great, Scarface too, and Resident Evil 4.
Wario Ware was another one of my favourites.
Probably not a popular pick, but the Just Dance games worked really well too, and Wii Fit.

On Paper, Skyward Sword and Wii Sports Resort were supposed to be great, but I think the added precision in the design made the games feel more mechanical and less fun - not to mention some of the bugs. Anyway, the area where better precision works well is the IR aiming, and while other movement precision seems like it should be good, I don't think the human brain translates accurate complex motions to screen very well. Simple things like pumping up a balloon, lobbing a bowling ball, etc... ended up feeling more satisfying.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Skyward Sword

Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

curl-6 said:

Which game (or games) on Nintendo's 7th gen system had the best motion and/or pointer controls in your opinion?

Skyward Sword. The 1 to 1, near 1 to 1, controls were amazing and could have been revolutionary had it not been for the opening tutorial and hand holding.

Wii sports Resort: same as SS, except party style.

Metroid Prime Trilogy: really showed how much better a FPA/S could be with motion controls.

Lastly, Red Steel 2. This game was so much fun. Memorable world and combat. Such a blast.