By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 19 January 2019

So far, Switch has been in first place for every week. Next week will obviously be the PS4 on top with both RE2: Remake & Kingdom Hearts 3. The only question is how much of a boost will it have.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
NS: 226,930
PS4: 208,833
X1: 70,496
3DS: 43,641
PSV: 1,773

Last year

NS: 190,803

PS4: 260,786

X1: 79,299

3DS: 64,215

Vita: 6933

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

X1 down another 7k from last week, will be a few more weeks to find the baseline for that system since KHIII and RE:Make 2 next week might have a bit of a bump to it, then again those are both titles which were founded and more associated with the playstation brand I think, I can't really see them being system sellers for the X1 when the PS4 will be sitting on the shelf next to it, honestly the base PS4 is such a good little budget system that I think even lesser educated about tech gamers will know that it has a clear advantage over the base X1 system and that cascade effect on sales due to "my mate has a ps4" is really in full effect now after the holiday season.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

PAOerfulone said:
So far, Switch has been in first place for every week. Next week will obviously be the PS4 on top with both RE2: Remake & Kingdom Hearts 3. The only question is how much of a boost will it have.

Wasn't there a hardware bundle with KHIII and the PS4? I heard there was some mess up by one of the game stores in relation to taking pre orders for it but not having systems to fullfill them... even going so far as to offer trade in bonus's of the original PS4's.... to then offer those customers original PS4's back in place of their pre ordered KH3 model, for extra cost of course.

But I mean, the fact that there is hardware bundles specific to the game must mean that Sony and SE are banking on it shifting hardware so the boost should be fairly significant next week, it's coupling up some major known brands of Disney and Playstation, doubles the potential customer base their selling to..... should be what the Star Wars games are for hardware too but EA has several dropped Disneys balls on those games.

edit -  Pre order story, it's pretty ratty https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/25/18197902/kingdom-hearts-3-ps4-pro-gamestop-pre-orders-canceled

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The switch is really good right now

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Why aren't these being posted on the front page?

Basically it's because

or at least a few days ago there was an issue that staff spoke about, not sure if that's been fixed since!

Good number, wanna see what KH3 and RE2R does for XB and PS4

Last YTD
NS-748,066
PS4-893,528
XBO-253,704
3DS-244,546
Vita-32,707

YTD
NS-913,964 (+22%)
PS4-786,380 (-12%)
XBO-233,416 (-8%)
3DS-170,771 (-30%)
Vita-7556 (-77%)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Switch still holding that top spot and well up YOY NICE! PS4 down quite a bit from last year but still holding very strong not bad at all. The Xb1 is just sad compared to the others. It was just not competitive this gen at all.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

ps4 is not that far behind and with next week we could it at number one spot