By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Flilix said:

- Controllers are always better to play games with than mouse and keyboard.

So you never played a FPS. Or a point and click adventure. A real-time strategy game. A classic roguelike. A MUD or a textadventure.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Mnementh said:

So you never played a FPS. Or a point and click adventure. A real-time strategy game. A classic roguelike. A MUD or a textadventure.

I don't even know what some of those are, but in terms of FPS I 100% agree with him. Controllers are better for FPS games!

Only the Wiimote maybe. But precision and speed is more with the mouse+keyboard combo. But yeah, this thread is about unpopular gaming opinion, so OK.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

-Nintendo games in general are off-putting and lacking in depth due to the childish art styles and focus on simple arcade action
-Games without proper story elements with cutscenes and such are nothing but mindless twitch-fests with no point or meaning, flashing lights and sounds that can be replaced by anything similar at any time, including baby toys with similar elements. This applies to the ever so popular FPS multiplayer genre, whose endless loops of killing/dying seem to be going nowhere meaningful and the fun of the experience eludes me.
-Elder Scrolls games are average RPGs with large maps and a nice atmosphere, but shallow quests and characters, not to mention the engine, which should have been put out of its misery a long time ago
-handhelds, due to their inherent limitations, can only offer inferior experiences compared to true consoles or PCs
-when gaming went online, nothing but bad new things emerged. This would be fine, if it didn't mean the shift of focus from lovingly crafted and memorable single player experiences to mindless multiplayer noise. I'm worried about my 35 year hobby coming to an end in the near future, because catering for the FPS teen crowd is where the money is.
There are a thousand other thing to be said, but having said these things I'd like to add that there's room for every kind of gamer here. We like very different things, but what we all have in common is that we get enjoyment out of gaming and it's good for all of us that the business is thriving.

Ka-pi96 said:

Controllers are better for FPS games!

On this, not sure if this is a popular opinion or unpopular or even and opinion but in my view Aim-Assist should be removed from modern console shooters, all of them. Infact should never have been introduced to begin with. I think if we never had it as an option we would all just be used to it now so wouldn't need it.

Hmm, pie.

I might have some unpopular ones:

- last of us is crap
- agents of mayhem was actually fun
- driving games have been stagnant for the past 10 years.
- the wii u has better exclusives than xbox one and ps4 combined
- the gamecube is the best console of all time
- Super Mario party is rubbish
- pgr > forza

Around the Network
m0ney said:
Half-Life 2 is just good.

Also think so. The game is good, but nothing special. 

Mnementh said:
Flilix said:

- Controllers are always better to play games with than mouse and keyboard.

Hmm, I didn't think of point and click or real-time strategy games. I used to play these as a kid (usually free browser games), but I've never looked at them in the same way as 'normal' games.

FPS however, is something I should have added to my unpopular opinions, since first-person view is awful and makes me not want to play the game.

Interesting to see two posters put opposite opinions out, like “GcN controller sucks, yay N64”/“N64 controller sucks, yay GCN”

I have just one:
Octopath Traveler has a better characters than most JRPGs.

Mario 64 sucked.
Naughty Dog makes terrible playing games but get a pass because of graphics and narrative.
Online gaming is better than single player

I got some more:

- Pokemon hasn't been fun since 2nd gen

- Tearaway wasn't as good as everyone hyped it up to be. (Both Vita and PS4)

- Vita was a better console than the 3DS (Shame about it's support)

- Halo 1 & 2 campaigns were actually boring.

- Infamous was a let down franchise

- Final Fantasy Dissidia NT is more fun than the previous titles on the psp

- Yakuza isn't that fun

- Killzone 2 is the best shooter ever made

- Tomb Raider is boring

- Journey is overrated, I wouldn't have finished it if it wasn't so short

- Gravity Rush on vita was too frustrating to play, thankfully GR2 is much better

- Mass Effect 2 wasn't fun at all.

Last edited by think-man - on 05 February 2019