By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unpopular Gaming Opinions

think-man said:
1. Zelda OoT is not a good game, tried numerous times to get into it, found the controls awkward, gameplay chunky and all around not very interesting.

2. Fallout sucked after 3, I platinumed Fallout 3 and was super hyped for New Vegas, couldn't get into it. same for Fallout 4, I'm not even going to bother with 76

3. I still think PSASBR is more fun than SSB, despite putting more hours into SSB

4. Sonic All Stars Transformed is better than Mario Kart

I will try think of some more.

The "I hate nintendo kiddy games" starter pack

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

Final Fantasy XII >>>>> Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VI and IX >>>>>Final Fantasy VII

Keybladewielder said:
Final Fantasy XII >>>>> Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VI and IX >>>>>Final Fantasy VII

I agree with the first one if talking about the original version of XII released on PS2. I disagree with the second opinion but I don't even think its that unpopular, at least among fans of the franchise, I know that in terms of overall popularity, VII is the favourite but I don't think there is a more popular game to prefer than VI or IX (IX being the highest rated FF game on metacritic). If you preferred FFII or XI then I think that would be an unpopular opinion.

- Naughty Dog and all of their games are overrated
- Rockstar and all of their games are overrated
- Metroid Prime Federation Force is actually pretty good (it just shouldn't be a Metroid game, but the gameplay is solid and engaging)
- Metroid Other M as well as Star Fox Zero get way too much bashing

WOW Thanks for the topic thread...  Top 3 in increasing order.

3.   Diablo III is a great game ; No it is not as good as Diablo II and it never will be but, it serves its core players and serves them well.  They took flak for taking

steps to eliminate pay to win, even though the AH was popular.  It remains a pure and free to play competitive game, that wasn't afraid to make decisions that ultimately kept the game true to itself.  I think that alone speaks a lot about it.

2.  The Playstation 2 is an inferior system.  Dreamcast 9.9.99  {...And I won't take the time to go into it here... maybe on another thread.}

The one that Aaaaalways brings the hate .... ::

1.  The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was/is a Terrible game.  ;; I hated this game and I have called it the death of True Zelda games.  To me it turned the entire franchise to shit.

It was empty, boring, waaay over-rated [IT released AFTER Half-Life for Fuck's sake!] and full of chorish quests.   I nicknamed it Choremaster 2000. ...And Majora's Mask isn't even a videogame.  Zelda taking place on one map?? what's the point.  I'm glad Sony made Horizon:Zero Dawn so we can have a real Zelda game to play nowdays!

Around the Network
Ultravolt said:

Sonic '06 isn't that bad.

Brawl is better than Melee.

2D Sonic isn't fun.

Star Fox Zero is good.

Color Splash is better than Super Paper Mario.

How far did you get in it?  Is there a third level??  I couldn't get any further than James Rolfe.

potato_hamster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

What's this dairy farmer thing all about?

And that sucks that they're being dicks about youtube copyright stuff.

... milking. Atlus is now milking franchises, apparently

Finished up P3 - P3FES -  P3 portable - P4 - P4G or P5 and suddenly find yourself with the urge for a bit of dancing, fighting, dungeon crawling and anime watching, with your persona friends who do you call not Ghostbusters.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

CommandoII said:
Ultravolt said:

Brawl is better than Melee.

2D Sonic isn't fun.

Star Fox Zero is good.

Color Splash is better than Super Paper Mario.

How far did you get in it?  Is there a third level??  I couldn't get any further than James Rolfe.

I beat Sonic and Shadow's story, but I could never beat Silver's due to boredom. The point I want to make is that most of what I played was very enjoyable. Even the buggiest levels just make me laugh (especially that castle level)! The game has a good soundtrack, decent graphics, and the level design can occasionally be kinda good.

toot1231 said:
think-man said:
1. Zelda OoT is not a good game, tried numerous times to get into it, found the controls awkward, gameplay chunky and all around not very interesting.

2. Fallout sucked after 3, I platinumed Fallout 3 and was super hyped for New Vegas, couldn't get into it. same for Fallout 4, I'm not even going to bother with 76

3. I still think PSASBR is more fun than SSB, despite putting more hours into SSB

4. Sonic All Stars Transformed is better than Mario Kart

I will try think of some more.

The "I hate nintendo kiddy games" starter pack

Not a single thing I said mentioned anything about being "kiddy". Care to elaborate? 

The N64 was a bad console in general. Terrible controller, lack of support, and most of the games just haven’t held up very well. The only saving grace is a small handful of classics that most people love.  I’m not gonna claim that Ocarina of Time sucks, because it was probably mind-blowing at the time and is still enjoyable when I’m in that dated 90s design mentality (and dated or not, that soundtrack is still legendary).  But I can see why people wouldn’t like it now.

I don’t like Mario 3’s slippery controls. The rest of the game is great, though.

Pokemon Let’s Go is a much better gen 1 remake than FRLG, probably my least favorite games in the series next to USUM.

The new God of War isn’t bad, but I preferred the first 3 games.

Sonic Unleashed is a good game, at least on the Wii. Probably my favorite in the dark era between Adventure 2 and Generations.

Castlevania 3 is my favorite game in the series. And maybe my favorite game on the NES.

Nintendo will probably never top the SNES in terms of quality consoles. And similarly, no one will ever top the SNES Classic when it comes to plug’n’play systems. Not like a lot of companies have tried, what with all the broken pieces of junk flooding the market.

And finally, I just don’t care much for RPGs in general. I’m not a fan of the really slow pace of most of them, or the grinding. A couple have been saved by the story and characters, while others (like Pokemon) aren’t actually that grindy, but for the most part I’m just not the biggest fan.

Last edited by Zach808 - on 05 February 2019