By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unpopular Gaming Opinions

1. Smash Bros. is the most overrated series out there.
2. Kojima is incapable of making anything that’s not absolutely boring!
3. The Souls series use broken mechanics disguised as difficulty.
4. Elder Scrolls Online is the more boring MMO ever created.
5. Nostalgia keeps Nintendo alive.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
mjk45 said:

Speaking for myself, It's because Atlus changed professions and became a dairy farmer, not sure about shroomz his complaint seems to imply that he had dealings with Atlus that where poorly handled.

The dairy farmer thing is about 10% of the reason, the other 90% reason is their extremely inconsistent and shit stance on dealing with copyright.

I uploaded SNIPPETS of music from the Persona Dancing games, and my channel ended up getting terminated, meanwhile people uploading the FULL TRACKS from the Dancing games and PQ2 is a-ok as long as you trick the system I guess.

I'm now a nobody on the internet and I could've been semi famous if ATLUS weren't being fucking cucks.

I contacted PR about it several times, but they were useless and they pretty much talked down to me, acting like I committed rape, even though other people do what they consider a felony scot-free, so pardon me if I have a rather love-hate relationship with this company that doesn't give a shit about their fans. 

That's what comes with taking a hamfisted approach to copyright, the people who should be looked at get away and those doing it for the love of the game /ost get hit.

Now I have limited knowledge of these things since it isn't something I have done, but I believe a common sense approach would be for companies like Atlus to set up proper pathways  to enable people who are setting up something that will use some material to gain clarity, that may include setting parameters toward what can be done it would benefit  all parties.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I probably have a lot of these, but sometimes I don't know if its really an unpopular opinion or not. I might have a few focused on Final Fantasy since its my favourite gaming franchise.

1. Skyward Sword is a good game.
2. Breath of the Wild is not.
3. Final Fantasy XIII is pretty good so are the sequels
4. The story of Kingdom Hearts isn't really that bad or complicated
5. Mario 3D World is as good as, maybe better than, Mario Odyssey
6. Early polygonal 3D games (e.g. PS1, Saturn, N64) look good
7. Emulation is one of the best things to happen to gaming, I have no issue with downloading full sets of roms and playing them on a CFW PSP, mobile or PC
8. The Gamecube controller is worse than most controllers since and a few before it
9. The N64 controller is pretty good
10. Sonic Forces is just as good as Sonic Mania
11. The original Final Fantasy XII is better than any of the Zodiac remakes.
12. Yooka Laylee is better than Mario Odyssey
13. PS Now is a really good service
14. Blitzball was a good mini game in FFX
15. FFX-2 is about as good as FFX (two of the best games ever)
16. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness is really good, the best 3D Castlevania and better than most of the 2D ones too.
17. Earthbound isn't very good, it's on par with Sonic Chronicles
18. DmC is good and I liked the bit where the grey wig blows onto Dante's head
19. PS Vita is the best handheld ever.
20. Link's Awakening is better than A Link to the Past and both are better than Breath of the Wild.

There, I have many more but I better stop before I start talking about classic mini consoles and Octopath Traveller.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ultrashroomz said:

The dairy farmer thing is about 10% of the reason, the other 90% reason is their extremely inconsistent and shit stance on dealing with copyright.

I uploaded SNIPPETS of music from the Persona Dancing games, and my channel ended up getting terminated, meanwhile people uploading the FULL TRACKS from the Dancing games and PQ2 is a-ok as long as you trick the system I guess.

I'm now a nobody on the internet and I could've been semi famous if ATLUS weren't being fucking cucks.

I contacted PR about it several times, but they were useless and they pretty much talked down to me, acting like I committed rape, even though other people do what they consider a felony scot-free, so pardon me if I have a rather love-hate relationship with this company that doesn't give a shit about their fans. 

What's this dairy farmer thing all about?

And that sucks that they're being dicks about youtube copyright stuff.

Dairy farming is about milking.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Ka-pi96 said:
Ultrashroomz said:

What's this dairy farmer thing all about?

And that sucks that they're being dicks about youtube copyright stuff.

... milking. Atlus is now milking franchises, apparently

Around the Network

1) The N64 controller is complete dogshit, kill it with fire. However the Gamecube controller, is one of the best of all time
2) Kingdom Hearts is some of the wierdest shit I've ever seen, and not in the good way.
3) Naughty Dog is severly overrated. Not only are their many better studios, but several better studios even in Sony umbrella.
4) I'm not that big of a fighting game fan. However, from the ones I've played/tried out, Smash feels by far the worst to play.
5) Fallout 4 is a great game, and better than Fallout 3 by miles. Its not even close.
6) As a great as Nintendo is, some of their games are WAYYY overpriced. Pokemon Lets Go and Kirby Star Allies allies shouldve launched at half price, and have no business being anywhere near $60.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Final Fantasy 7 is the best of the bestest of the very best Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy 14 is the best MMORPG, and the best recent Final Fantasy.

Persona is among the best of the RPGs.

Freedom Wars is the best PS Vita game.

God of War is godly epic.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Sonic '06 isn't that bad.

Brawl is better than Melee.

2D Sonic isn't fun.

Star Fox Zero is good.

Color Splash is better than Super Paper Mario.

Part two:
1) Ports/remasters/definitive editions are always a good thing. The more games that are available on different platorms, the better. Also definitive editions I like as I never buy games at launch, so having a complete package when I come around to a game is defintely great.
2) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is complete crap (just like Fallout 3). Skyrim however, is one of the best games of all time
3) Red Dead Redemption II is horribly overrated. From the input latency, to the uneeded survival system, to the incredibly restrictive mission, to those "random" events that repeat, to the gameplay which feels worse than GTA 5. Its the GTA 4 of this gen. Rockstar has lost the open world crown. Doesnt stand up to masteriece which is GTA 5.
4) Ubisoft is great publisher/developer that makes great games.
5) Souls not having an easy mode is inexcusable.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Xbox one is a good gaming console.

Xbox exclusive has great variety (Halo,Gears,Forza,Recore,Quantum Break,Ori,Sunset overdrive,Ashen,etc) All different games. Sony games are too similar (Linear cinematic games )

Kingdom hearts is fun but stupid, Tetsuya Nomura design are pure shit (Just Cloud ,Sephirot variations)

Ps1 Saga frontier was a fantastic rpg

Xenogears has terrible narrative and pacing, bad camera,controls ,horrible dungeons design and almost zero exploration. Only good things are the whole story and the great music.

Actual Jrpgs are just anime shit for teenagers . Cliche story and half naked girls

Final fantasy X es terrible, great concept ruined for a cast de incredible stupid and cliché characters.

The best From Software games are the Kings field series. Dark souls is very easy in comparation.

Hideo kojima games are boring, simple ,basic gameplay with a tons of little details, but in the end, just linear and absurd. I want a game ,no his hype, secret messages and all that "mistery,secret shit" his fans like.

A lot more to say, just i dont have more time.

Sorry for my bad english.